Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole reason behind purchasing a legitimate copy of a Nintendo DSiWare Title is because unsigned Titles on the NAND won't be transferred to another Console unless there's a way to disable signature check during System Transfer which we don't have now.

So a legit copy of a dsiware title isnt signed?<---Noob regarding dsiwarehax.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You install something from Nintendo eShop - Title is signed and passes System Transfer Signature Verification / Check
You install a Signed CIA (note that there are no signed Nintendo DSiWare CIAs) - same as above
You install an un-signed CIA (or use freeShop / CIAngel / whatever) - Rejected during Signature Check and System Transfer fails

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
He meant by this that if you use for example, a Non-legit Fieldrunners for the DSIWare, it would only work for the 3DS with the Disabled Signatures(with CFW basically)

But the method used for the DSIWare is that if you get both a legit DSIWare and a Non-Legit DSIWare(Fieldrunners), you can do some techy stuff and make the legit DSIWare run the Fieldrunners.app(Basically its like replacing the body of the Legit DSIWare with the Non-Legit one, but leaving the Brain of the Legit one intact)

It would be like this

-User runs Legit DSIWare
-DSIWare asks for the .app to be able to run
-DSIWare *Completely* ignores that the .app is not from the legit DSIWare
-Exploitable DSIWare runs on top of the legit one

Reactions: Gaming796

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You install something from Nintendo eShop - Title is signed and passes System Transfer Signature Verification / Check
You install a Signed CIA (note that there are no signed Nintendo DSiWare CIAs) - same as above
You install an un-signed CIA (or use freeShop / CIAngel / whatever) - Rejected during Signature Check and System Transfer fails

Ok thanks! So in order to do the dsiwarehax need to purchase a dsi game. Based on what ive seen any title will work with a specific save injected.

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He meant by this that if you use for example, a Non-legit Fieldrunners for the DSIWare, it would only work for the 3DS with the Disabled Signatures(with CFW basically)

But the method used for the DSIWare is that if you get both a legit DSIWare and a Non-Legit DSIWare(Fieldrunners), you can do some techy stuff and make the legit DSIWare run the Fieldrunners.app(Basically its like replacing the body of the Legit DSIWare with the Non-Legit one, but leaving the Brain of the Legit one intact)

It would be like this

-User runs Legit DSIWare
-DSIWare asks for the .app to be able to run
-DSIWare *Completely* ignores that the .app is not from the legit DSIWare
-Exploitable DSIWare runs on top of the legit one

that makes sense! Thanks sorry for the noob questions. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sweet thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Incorrect. The data is transferred, but not the ticket. The transfer will succeed but pirated games will not appear on the home menu. If you get CFW on that console later and install the tickets the games will appear.

Please don't talk with an authoritative tone if you don't know what you're talking about, you might mislead a noob and cause a disaster for them one day! If you don't know something, you should say, this is what I think will happen, happy to be corrected. Something like that.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect. The data is transferred, but not the ticket. The transfer will succeed but pirated games will not appear on the home menu. If you get CFW on that console later and install the tickets the games will appear.

Please don't talk with an authoritative tone if you don't know what you're talking about, you might mislead a noob and cause a disaster for them one day! If you don't know something, you should say, this is what I think will happen, happy to be corrected. Something like that.
Yeah. Something for me to learn as well. Thanks for correcting. Now that I got more knowledge, I can enlighten others with correct information.

Last edited by Gaming796,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know it was sealed in the first place :-p
sealed%20for%20your%20protection.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat