Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Facepalm*

You're question is like asking if you can use sky3ds on latest firm, yes you can
actually even that question would be justified. Some DS flashcarts have been blocked by nintendo in the past, so i'd assume some people would wonder if that also applies to sky3ds. But this answer is directly in the OP and the entire discussion.

protoman2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

oh well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess i thought we can do that.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
btw everyone ho haven't seen it I took a pic of safesighaxinstaller and added it to the op. looks a million times better, cleaner and noob friendlier then safea9lhinstaller

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

read the op man

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Reactions: dradonhunter11

protoman2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Facepalm*

You're question is like asking if you can use sky3ds on latest firm, yes you can

btw everyone ho haven't seen it I took a pic of safesighaxinstaller and added it to the op. looks a million times better, cleaner and noob friendlier then safea9lhinstaller

read the op man
i did but i found it confusing to understand.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

read the op man
o shit it's almost there. I think this will have major benefits to the pc scene as well as the 3ds scene, with being able to decrypt things on pc with the bootrom keys, though im mostly hype for unbanning. Nintendo wont let me give them money.

Reactions: adrifcastr

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12 hour? I don't think but at this point, anything is possible. I won't get in hype train tough

think about it. if its a 100% custom OS, (well, aside from the code riped from the official needed to run carts) it really doesnt matter, we can just add a simple algorithm to change 24 to 12 and add a switch func for am/pm.

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
think about it. if its a 100% custom OS, (well, aside from the code riped from the official needed to run carts) it really doesnt matter, we can just add a simple algorithm to change 24 to 12 and add a switch func for am/pm.
Ik that, only thing I would really like to see actually is bypassing the 100 friend code limit. Maybe I'll mess with custom OS (if I have enough knowledge in C for that, tough I just saw how pointer work)

Reactions: adrifcastr

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Writing a "100% custom OS" for 3DS that maintains compatibility with retail games isn't exactly a simple task. Besides the microkernel, there's at least a few dozen services, each of which have tons of functions. Not to mention that the hardware isn't 100% reverse-engineered, so a bad implementation of e.g. MCU services could brick the system.

For comparison purposes: the Wine project, which implements the Windows API, is still far from complete, and it's been in development for over 20 years.

(Sidenote: It's still possible to write a full OS replacement with A9LH. No one has done it because it's not worth the effort.)

Last edited by GerbilSoft,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Writing a "100% custom OS" for 3DS that maintains compatibility with retail games isn't exactly a simple task. Besides the microkernel, there's at least a few dozen services, each of which have tons of functions. Not to mention that the hardware isn't 100% reverse-engineered, so a bad implementation of e.g. MCU services could brick the system.

For comparison purposes: the Wine project, which implements the Windows API, is still far from complete, and it's been in development for over 20 years.

fair enough. I guess I did make things seem a lot simpler that they actually would be. what I should have said was for me, it would be -somewhat, or at least relatively (compared to a 100% new OS)- simple, as the only features I'd change would be the time, so I could keep my a9hl and luma3ds (at least to start).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Its beer:30 here...