Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original FIRM files are available on the 3DS guide as magnet links. Check the "Installing boot9strap (hardmod)" section.

Do note that if the FIRM you install doesn't match the OS installed on CTR NAND, it might not boot. You may be able to boot into recovery mode to do a system update, though this will bring you to 11.4. If you currently have B9S+11.4, installing the original 11.4 FIRM will make it impossible to reinstall B9S unless you have DSiWareHax or a hardmod.
Thanks. I got a 2DS on 11.1, I will be fine. Thanks for the link.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could install the original Nintendo FIRM into the FIRM partitions, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that...

Note that while this wasn't safe to do on New3DS with A9LH, it should be safe with B9S because the secret sector (sector 0x96) is restored as part of SafeB9SInstaller.
Also, how would we install it? Use B9S to install it?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the newly discovered Start+Select+R button combo on my DS lite and it also directly launched the game in the DS-Slot even without a closed lid.
The game (Valkyrie Profile) couldn't access the save data at some tries, so maybe this changes the way DS games are launched?
This is probably a useless finding, but it's still neat to see that they reused that button combo I guess.
Edit: Oops, start + select already trigger it because of the flashme I have installed.

Last edited by Wuigi,

manu_03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So NAND dumps with this are universal? Then, can a dump made with B9S be injected in another B9S console, can it be injected in an A9LH console? Can I inject an A9LH dump in a B9S console?

Vidigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I only have one question (and forgive my low knowledge on the matter please). I have the arm9loaderhax installed on my o3ds but i want to know how can i check to see if i have everything i need to update to the boot9strap (if it is the same as the sighax) and what kind of method is the safest/best to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto