Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plailect
I have successfully installed Boot9Strap to my 11.0 source console. Now I would like to install Boot9Strap to my 11.4 OFW target console via DSiWare game injection (Both consoles are N3DSXL by the way). I already purchased a copy of Jagged Alliance and installed it on source console. Afterwards, I followed THE HOLY guide (https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection) - thanks again to everyone involved there!) but I got stuck under "Section II - Injecting the game and save" between "17. This will have moved you back to the main menu" and "19. Press (Y) on the file(s) in the savedata folder to copy them". First, I was not moved back to the main menu (17.) and then, I cannot see a savedata folder (19.) on my SDcard (18.) while in Godmode9.
I really hope someone can help me, thanks a lot in advance! Maybe there is someone who already did DSiWare game injection to get Boot9Strap on their 11.4 OFW.

Edit: I already repeated steps 3. to 19. under "Section II - Injecting the game and save" but I still cannot see the savedata folder.

Fixed the instruction to instead say "Press (B) to go back to the main menu". The savedata folder is copied from DSiWare_eur_exidiahax_injection.zip as a part of "Prep Work" (on EUR consoles).

Reactions: hurrz

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plailect
Doesn't A9LH already allow for "True CFW" because people say B9S and Sighac finally does.
Yes. But no one wants to take on the monumental task of writing one. No real need for it. There is the Linux for 3DS.

I highly doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble of writing one. By the time they're done we'll probably have hacked the N4DS or whatever.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the actual installation of the b9s firms still overwrites your firm also if @SciresM pushes updates you will have to overwrite them again, and yeah idk if someone like @Crystal the Glaceon wants to I can grant OP access to edit it, cause I don't really want to rn I have been editing this thread since december or something
I'm up for helping out! ^_^

Reactions: adrifcastr

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. But no one wants to take on the monumental task of writing one. No real need for it. There is the Linux for 3DS.

I highly doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble of writing one. By the time they're done we'll probably have hacked the N4DS or whatever.
I hope Windows ends up on the 3DS, somehow. I'm tired of using my Mac and having it not work with anything.

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fixed the instruction to instead say "Press (B) to go back to the main menu". The savedata folder is copied from DSiWare_eur_exidiahax_injection.zip as a part of "Prep Work" (on EUR consoles).
Yeah, that was my fault. Thanks!
As I do not want to mess anything up, I am a bit confused with Section V - Backing up the target 3DS’s FIRM because the N3DSXLs told me to switch their microSD cards. Under this section of the guide, it is mentioned that I need to copy a few files to the root of the target's 3DS's card which still is the microSD card of the target console from the beginning(?) (But the target console has the source console's microSD card inserted in order to work?).
Then, I have to insert the microSD card into the target console and I am wondering: Which microSD card do I have to use now? After step 4, the guide actually does not tell me to insert a microSD card in any console but to launch b9sTool by starting your DSiWare game on the target 3DS instead (step 5). Plus, in step 9, it tells me to insert an SD card in my computer but it does not say which one. Can you help me out?
Sorry if this are just noob questions!

Edit: Never mind, I just took that target microSD card and everything worked flawlessly!
Why would I want to redo the system transfer (section 4 in DSiWare games injection) from target console back to source console? This is still unclear to me. Since I had installed Boot9Strap on the source console, it is still there, isn't it?

Last edited by hurrz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F