Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

KumpelKuerbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can but I would back them up to your computer if you have any interest in doing things like decrypting cias or encrypting dectitlekey.bin on your computer rather than needing to do it on your 3ds. Though even if you do delete them you can always just dump them again by holding down a certain key combination (start+select+x, I think) during boot.

okay, thanks for answering :)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can but I would back them up to your computer if you have any interest in doing things like decrypting cias or encrypting dectitlekey.bin on your computer rather than needing to do it on your 3ds. Though even if you do delete them you can always just dump them again by holding down a certain key combination (start+select+x, I think) during boot.
You are thinking of boot9.bin and boot11.bin.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i use firm payload like luma if i install sighax ? Because it différent
Maybe? I don't actually know...

Would still advise against using the Sighax launcher tho, and would say that going with Boot9strap would be a better idea, if that helps any. Boot9strap uses the .firm payloads for sure.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between boot9strap and sighax?
No one has bricked with boot9strap yet, but people have with Sighax. Sighax boots a little bit faster and installs directly to the 3DS, whereas boot9strap boots a bit slower than A9LH but installs to the SD card. Boot9strap is used by 3ds.guide, Sighax isn't.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Reactions: GhostLatte

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a must update as future updates of luma is only supported on this.
yep. So sighax/boot9strap will now take the "master race" CFW installation type title from arm9loaderhax.

GG's A9LH nice working with you for 13 months about. Now sighax will step up above & beyond you. (no offense bro, ok? ty. :) )

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
What's the difference between boot9strap and sighax?
both are the same exploit, but just different implementations.
At this point boot9strap is the way to go as it has everything ready to go for it including luma and 3ds.guide

The main differneces as stated above are that boot9strap still loads from SD/CTRNAND while sighax actually installs to NAND.

Reactions: GhostLatte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.