Hacking Sigh, stupid me xD

Nokeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought the new R4i SDHC RTS Lite, I HATE IT!

Saved Game Corrupted. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Anyway to fix this?

I have tried SD Formatter.
I have used the Windows Format.

Maybe I am not setting the options right.

Every time I turn it off...it happens. Is there any sort of AR code from preventing this.

There are other games this happens too, notably all three Castlevania games and some others. Pokemon games work...but I want CV to work. :(

Even the damn real original R4 never had this problem..

So...

1. Trade in 3DS and Zelda OOT 3DS for DS Lite and use my original R4.

2. Buy Acekard 2i

3. Hope future firmware fixes issue.

4. Maybe one of the nice people from GBAtemp will have a solution!

Edit: I have tried using a PNY and Kingston 2gb Micro SD.

Nokeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I found the problem. The kernal they have up on their site is the latest, but their is a better 4in1 kernal package from the admin on their forum that comes with YSmenu and Wood. Stopped all my saving errors.

I'd post it too help all new RTS Lite Flash Cart users, but it has roms on it.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Nevermind, I found the problem. The kernal they have up on their site is the latest, but their is a better 4in1 kernal package from the admin on their forum that comes with YSmenu and Wood. Stopped all my saving errors.

I'd post it too help all new RTS Lite Flash Cart users, but it has roms on it.
kernel != ROM, kernel == main part of the OS and a bridge between a software intended for the OS and the actual data processing done on the hardware
Filetrip, a sister site to GBAtemp is hosting both Wood and YSmenu OS, which is using a kernel of it's own (both)
WoodR4 OS hosted on filetrip, the obvious superior one of the two is available at the top of the flashcart section on R4.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you have this remedied, but if you every look into a different card again the EZFlash-Vi works wonders for me. Since I'm just worried about running games, not so much homebrew, I love it! Their firmware and kernal updates work perfectly on the 3DS, and the current fake-game for it is a sudoku game, so it looks very natural for me. (Having King of Fighters or Tak actually looked odd for my usual play styles.) Anyway, all the Castlevania games, and then some, work perfectly on it.

Nokeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Response to the cart above. Does it play GBA games on the 3DS as well? The whole EZ reminds me of my EZ 3-1 slot-2 cart.

I mean, I got it all to work fine now. In the near future, I think I will go with something other than R4, as I know their are far superior ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn