Hacking Show us your Jig!

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought jigs from @gamesquest1 and tested on my Switch - works great without any multiple attempts, but I forgot to press on volume +, so I was like wonder and found out that I have to press on volume + to enter RCM successfully.

If you see picture that gamesquest1 posted so I got same one like this.

I'm wonder if use jig frequently cause pin damage?

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I bought jigs from @gamesquest1 and tested on my Switch - works great without any multiple attempts, but I forgot to press on volume +, so I was like wonder and found out that I have to press on volume + to enter RCM successfully.

If you see picture that gamesquest1 posted so I got same one like this.

I'm wonder if use jig frequently cause pin damage?
Thats why Xecuter has the AutoRcm feature , you enter Rcm onces and then you fotget about the jig .

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is possible but i dont think so !

Hope so, but I don't use anything that is illegal like piracy or cheating, so just use for save backup or edit the save for single player only.

It is obvious that mess with CDN, cheating in muliplayer games and buy games with stolen credit card = ban.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hope so, but I don't use anything that is illegal like piracy or cheating, so just use for save backup or edit the save for single player only.

It is obvious that mess with CDN, cheating in muliplayer games and buy games with stolen credit card = ban.
backing up a game is ilegal otherwise nintendo will include that option on their sistem !!!

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backing up a game is ilegal otherwise nintendo will include that option on their sistem !!!

Not fond of cloud save and I'm going to avoid anything that is likely to be obvious and keep profile low. I haven't getting banned from 3DS so not going to dwell on Nintendo.

I was just wonder about how fragile is pin, that all.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Made one with wood :D
But i have no idea how to connect the paperclip and the wood

thats asome but i doesnt worked for me ,
CAn you please tell me exactly the distance between the end of one pin and the end of the other ,, i really need the measures in centimiters to know the distance between pin 1 and 10 .
Thanks

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
CAn you please tell me exactly the distance between the end of one pin and the end of the other ,, i really need the measures in centimiters to know the distance between pin 1 and 10 .
Thanks

i remove the Tape and fix it with glue and I have no idea if it still works, sorry dude

Reactions: matias3ds

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I made mine via copper wire, works nicely!
jig_1.jpg

jig_2.jpg

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the paperclip thing, then I ordered a jig on ebay which worked great, but ultimately I wanted something more seamless, so I opened up my joycon and soldered a momentary button in there.

Definitely not for the faint of heart. I wasn't prepared for how tiny those contacts are. I can give some pointers if anybody else is considering this project.

Last edited by sirAnger,

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks

your rulers broken? or just that lazy?
distance between 1 and 10 pins is 6.5mm. i know this as i measured it to make my own.
i think people are lazy in this world, digital vernier's for under $10. i suggest you get some.

here's a model of my jig i designed in a way i can cut it out of plastic on my cnc machine with a 1mm endmill. works well, dont have a pic of one cut as i dont have my phone on me. can post later if people like. they work so thats all i cared about.

sTYeoxL.jpg

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
your rulers broken? or just that lazy?
distance between 1 and 10 pins is 6.5mm. i know this as i measured it to make my own.
i think people are lazy in this world, digital vernier's for under $10. i suggest you get some.

here's a model of my jig i designed in a way i can cut it out of plastic on my cnc machine with a 1mm endmill. works well, dont have a pic of one cut as i dont have my phone on me. can post later if people like. they work so thats all i cared about.

sTYeoxL.jpg
Thanks for the info i already use tin foil once and then set it up to auto rcm :-)

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After messing with wires for hours and almost ruined my pins, this simple thing proofed itself to work every time.
Guess connecting the wrong pins together does nothing, else my switch would be dead for sure.

Will make it out of plastic next time. Currently its just a piece of cardboard wrapped into aluminium foil.
Then I removed the part in the middle to prevent shorting other pins. Done. Took me 2 minutes.

Could go with a piece of metal and tape the center instead. Maybe even a lead pencil would work to make contact?
Used that method on CPU 15 years ago to connect PINs to enable all cores ;)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by QRC,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to make one from a paperclip, but never got it to work. After that just waited for SXpro to arrive, the included jig has always worked flawlessly for me. I'd show a pic, but my jig is upstairs, and my camera downstairs, and I'm lazy. Y'all know what an SXpro looks like, anyway. If not, look in the review.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.