Internet killed the Ponystar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
As you know the DS library is made out of mostly shovel ware.

But are there any shovel ware titles you actually enjoy? (if you gave them a try, that is)

I am enjoying most Sudoku and Mahjong games.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing: Wild World has a shovel in it, and you can wear different clothes.

Therefore, I deduce that it is ShovelWare.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I just recently found Giana Sisters DS at a flea market, a title that pleasantly surprised me. It's a very good game, despite it being under the radar for quite some time now. I wouldn't call it shovelware at all, but one of the best budget DS titles money can buy.

It's a remake/remix of that old Commodore 64 Mario Bros. rip-off, only less rip-offy, and just plain better in every respect. The levels are varied, the controls are perfect, and there's tons of platform goodness to be had. I recommend it wholeheartedly!

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I guess Cradle of Rome can be considered shovelware, with it's inconsistent difficulty level through the game, it's totally unmotivated Rome theme, and the fact that everything it does has been done a million times before.

I found it quite addictive for some strange reason. Played it through, and really enjoyed it.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It was a movie game of a mouse, but I can't remember the name for the life of me...
It was pretty easy and you could beat it in about 2 hours. I enjoyed it at least :S.

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:
It was a movie game of a mouse, but I can't remember the name for the life of me...
It was pretty easy and you could beat it in about 2 hours. I enjoyed it at least :S.

I would assume that you're talking about Ratatouille.

I don't think I was hooked onto any shovelware games, at least not that I remember of.

One might be Thrillville: Off the Rails, if that counts.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sdnoob said:
Goli said:

I would assume that you're talking about Ratatouille.

I don't think I was hooked onto any shovelware games, at least not that I remember of.
Nope, it isn't that one. It's a pretty low-profile movie...thus the game is too xD.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Nope, it isn't that one. It's a pretty low-profile movie...thus the game is too xD.
Flushed Away?

QUOTE(sdnoob @ Oct 17 2010, 09:06 PM) I would assume that you're talking about Ratatouille.
That was actually quite decent, Disney games have been pretty decent since then.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Question: How is it shovelware if you enjoy it?
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs