Shout Out

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, SAT season is back upon us (for Juniors/Seniors here, anyway). Whether you're taking the standard test or subject tests (yup), good luck.

(Heads up on the normal SAT: It isn't really all that bad. It can still be tough and annoying, but the practice tests are far more difficult than the actual thing).

For those of you who need some music in the background to study, or can't help but procrastinate...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-KspZegsE[/youtube]

This should last you.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Senior Year. Just taking some Subject Tests (Literature and US History) because the application for Delaware's Honors program "recommended" them. If I do well, awesome; if not for some reason, my main SAT is already taken care of, so I'll just do without the subject tests.

And 1234turtles, yeah. They tend to be on Saturday mornings, or, at least the tests near me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God that test was so dull.

It felt easier the second time though, they omitted retarded essays about reality TV and retarded stories about Persian rug makers, if you remember the last SAT at all.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
God that test was so dull.

It felt easier the second time though, they omitted retarded essays about reality TV and retarded stories about Persian rug makers, if you remember the last SAT at all.

Oh God, I do. I guess they were trying to be "hip" and "relevant", but Jesus Christ, that just hurt. At least the Subject Tests were just multiple choice questions.

And now I am done with the SATs forever, unless I wake up to find that I am trapped in a Groundhog Day-style time loop, in which case, I'm boned.

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ Oct 1 2011, 09:49 PM) Taking my test on December 3rd. First time ever pretty scared about it.

And like I said, they aren't as horrible as you might think. They are annoying, and eat up a lot of time, but the PSATs make it out to be much, much worse.

Just study, take a prep course (often times the course itself doesn't help too much, but the textbooks they provide can be invaluable), and focus and you should do fine. And if you don't? Just take another one, and colleges will only look at your best scores.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Taking my test on December 3rd. First time ever pretty scared about it.

It's not particularly hard, it's just really dull. Roughly 4 hours of testing. You just need to brush up on your vocab, some basic math, and common logic. At most, problems are meant to be time consuming, not hard. The test is more of a judgment of your testing skills than your math and English ones, it seems.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Jakob95 said:
Taking my test on December 3rd. First time ever pretty scared about it.

It's not particularly hard, it's just really dull. Roughly 4 hours of testing. You just need to brush up on your vocab, some basic math, and common logic. At most, problems are meant to be time consuming, not hard. The test is more of a judgment of your testing skills than your math and English ones, it seems.
Would you think it would be hard to at least get 550 for the Reading part and 580 for the math?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Huh. Never woulda' guessed that Guild was only a year above me.

Huh.

I'm a senior in high school. I took my first SAT as a junior, figured I may as well do another one.
Well I always assumed that you were in college.

I'm a Junior, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Huh. Never woulda' guessed that Guild was only a year above me.

Huh.

*lesson about not making assumptions about people*

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all