Shouldn't we save a exploit?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheSockNaster, Oct 4, 2015.

1. TheSockNaster
    OP

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    I mean with all the new exploits being released shouldn't we save a couple and not let Nintendo know? Basically everyone can install homebrew launcher now. If we save exploits it is most likely when a unexploitable version of the 3DS comes out we can use the exploit we saved. I mean its not like Nintendo is searching for there own exploits, they are just waiting until someone else finds them.

2. 730

730 Professional Shitposter

Apr 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Who told you exploits aren't being saved?

fmkid and VegaRoXas like this.
  3. TheSockNaster
    OP

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    The fact that Yellow8 told us straight away that told us he found a exploit.

4. 730

730 Professional Shitposter

Apr 2, 2015
    Argentina
    He might have other exploits not revealed...

OctopusRift likes this.
  5. TheSockNaster
    OP

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    Highly unlikely. If he did they wouldn't be useful for 3/4 of the 3DS users because they are on 9.3.0 and above and most of his exploits work for 9.2.0 and below.

6. Tigroid

Tigroid GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Internet
    Indeed, And those of us who are going to update past 9.2 have already done so. So if most of his RELEASED exploits are for <9.2, then Nintendo can't do anything about them. If he released a bunch of exploits for >9.2 then Nintendo may be able to patch them. Thus, your own argument is the central idea behind him releasing the exploits he's released and hiding the ones he's hidden.

Wow... I really hope you guys understand this the way I meant for it to be written...

legofan623 likes this.
  7. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Basically, Ninty already patched these exploits that were released in the latest firmware anyways, and they aren't likely to suddenly reappear in a new version, so why let them go to waste by sitting unused in someone's computer?

8. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I can assure everybody with a reasonable amount of accuracy that the amount of publicly known exploits is only the tip of the iceberg.

9. meinhard

meinhard Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Italy
    Imho Nintendo is searching for his own exploit for sure. I don't think that such a big company is just waiting for someone else and fix haxes after release. If i would have access to a 9.2+ exploit, i would keep it private until Nintendo fix it...and then coming up on 3dsbrew page saying "DON'T UPDATE TO VER. X.XX.XX FOR GOD SAKE" before releasing the hax

10. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    just the tip

11. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    Most of these are in games, so if the usere does not want to patch them with updates; they can not get fixed on there 3DS. Plus it seems that yellow seems to have ARM9 and ARM11 on the latest firm, so yay.

12. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I love that show :D

13. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    Where did you get that?

14. teampleb

teampleb BAH! DED! X_X

Banned
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I think him and Smea have it. They use it to figure out how the system works to create userland exploits.

WhoAmI? and Selim873 like this.
  15. Linkinwormm

Linkinwormm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2013
    It's likely that the exploits can all be patched if one is patched so might as well release them all at once if thats the case?

16. purechaos996

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Connecticut
    That's how the Wii U scene is right now, and look how slow that is progressing. I've always been of that mind that the more people who have access to these tools and exploits, the faster and quicker the scene can grow and talent can foster. That's just me.

MOHRCORE likes this.
  17. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    There will always be Cubic Ninja...

18. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    That makes sense. They probably wouldn't have been able to figure out how to change the CPU clock speed on N3DS without it. Especially since it came out recently for CFW only, which is kernel.

teampleb likes this.
  19. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Apr 23, 2015
    Colombia
    NVM...

Last edited by fmkid, Oct 4, 2015
  20. Dyshonest

Dyshonest GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2014
    United States
    A saved exploit is a useless exploit. Or one that doesn't exist, which is more likely.
    Yellows8 and Smealum crave attention. They wouldn't withhold it because "Nintendo can fix it".
    They aren't smarter than Nintendo's security team. They are NOT the first people to alert Nintendo of exploits. It takes time to fix them.

MOHRCORE and fmkid like this.