Hacking Should the M3 Team Discontinue Touchpod?

Should the M3 Team Discontinue Touchpod?

• Yes Sakura FTW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I Like Touchpod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should they?
And only focus on Sakura:
Compatibility
Homebrew Support
DPG4 Support
Wifi Updates
Operations(Cut Copy Paste etc)
Editing splash.ani
Faster updates

Touchpod shoudl die now

Zavonn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they had spent more time on touchpod to make the interface faster and the touch screen more responsive, then I would definately be using touchpod more than Sakura. They basically have the same features anyways. If they replaced touchpod's speed with sakura's, then touchpod > sakura, hands down.

Touchpod must live on!
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeh maybe they should just merge the two and work on the one single project. Then there would be touchkura or sakupod yay. Alough for some reason sakura has always made me happier, just the looks make me happy
smile.gif

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I like Sakura more, and would be really happy if they chunked Touchpod, but I think I understand why they don't.

Basicly, Touchpod is a much simpler program than Sakura. This means that it is easier to update Touchpod with the latest fixes and such. This allows the m3 team to push out fixes faster than they could on Sakura.
Also, if a fix doesn't work or is incomplete, they get feedback on Touchpod, so that they can have the Sakura update include better fixes.

At least that's how it seems to me.
~dhjohn

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sakura has a lot of flaws, but it is enjoyable to use, unlike TouchPod. They really managed to polish iTouch with version 3, making it really smooth compared to the touchpod-like slow responses, lack of sorting and general ugliness of Version 2. If they could do this in TouchPod, I might tolerate it, but in its current state, throw it away and fix Sakura's problems, for example its horrible homebrew support.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakura is way better than Touchpod right now, but Touchpod seems to be updated more frequently. They should either merge them or work on improving Touchpod.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure why OP raised this (given he/she didn't even bother giving own thoughts on the matter) and it's not like anyone can force a change
dry.gif

But, seeing I'm here I might as well add that it is important to "not put all of your eggs in one basket". Given it is apparent that Touchpod & Sakura firmwares are supported by different parties (M&L3 being a prime example), I feel it is important to have more than one active firmware capable of running on any particular flashcart. Just my 2c.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Who needs Touchpad when there is Sakura. Or maybe they could combine both Sakura for its interface and Touchpad for its Features/Compatibilty. TouchKura.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSOrganize (for text editing) and M&L3 work on TouchPod, while Sakura DLDI-patches homebrew files from anywhere and doesn't display hidden files. As it stands, I need both, but if either OS fixes some stuff, I could do without the other. Doesn't matter which ones.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Palom said:
DSOrganize (for text editing) and M&L3 work on TouchPod, while Sakura DLDI-patches homebrew files from anywhere and doesn't display hidden files. As it stands, I need both, but if either OS fixes some stuff, I could do without the other. Doesn't matter which ones.

DSOrganize works if it's just not the version that corrupts alot of cards and run via dskiosk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)