OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New Poll Asks Tough Question. Should Jay Leno Retire?

QUOTE said:
"Jay Leno vs The Tonight Show: Should Jay Leno Retire?"

Once again controversy has erupted in the world of late night television. Some of you might remember the late night wars of the early 90s. Jay Leno was a key player in that drama. Today he again finds himself at the center of a new controversy. As you may already know, Jay Leno wanted to star in a new show that aired at 10pm, well before the traditional Tonight Show time slot. Why 10pm? We believe shows like "The Daily Show" and Stephen Colbert had made this time slot relevant with a younger, hipper crowd of viewers. Jay Leno wanted a piece of this lucrative audience. He also wanted to be the star of the show. No longer would everything be about the Tonight Show franchise, no longer would he be compared to previous hosts. Now the show was entirely about him. Jay wanted to be bigger than the Tonight Show. Unfortunately for Jay, the viewing public did not agree. Ratings for the new show were abysmal. NBC quickly went into panic mode...

Is this the sollution to the problems at NBC?

SOURCE: Vote in the Poll

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, Jay Leno should retire. He holds all the cards here, and that is why there is such a backlash against him. All he needs to say is "Hey, NBC, don't go to trouble on my account. Conan shouldn't lose his job because I won't give up the spotlight like I said I would". He could take the high road, be the bigger man.

Honestly, when NBC saw the backlash, I can't believe they didn't back down. They're moving forward with this, but to what end? What they're going to end up with is a Jay Leno show and network people choose to boycott because of their poor handling of this situation. By not taking said high road, they're permanently damaging Jay's career and their network's reputation.

Yahoo, they'll finally have their precious timeslot... except people will be so pissed off it won't matter.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Destructobot said:
Leno's ratings suck, and now Conan's ratings are through the roof because of this controversy. I know, NBC should get rid of Conan and Keep Leno! That'll fix their dead-lastness.
Another hint they should be taking. Seriously now, who is still pushing this forward? Every shred of evidence they've been given suggests that they're choosing the wrong path.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can recall when Conan had his own show and Leno acknowledged even back then that he would step down for Conan to take over The tonight show.

Im not sure what the problem is American TV is so stuck in formats and the need to have a "star" in a program and having to deal with ratings in a way that it is almost a religion.

Give people some time to adjust 2 or 3 years. Then when you have something that is bound to secure better ratings put that in Leno's spot and move his slot around.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think NBC should just keep things the way they are, Jay at 10, Conan at 11:30, Jimmy at 12:30, and Carson at whoknows.

Although personally I prefer Craig Ferguson.

craig.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k