Should I wait on a phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by kenenthk, Jul 19, 2013.

1. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    I'm debating on htc one, s4/active and I hear note 3 and a new htc one model is on its way out, but I'm assuming the specs wont be too far off from each other?

2. KTurbo

KTurbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    Whether you want to buy the note depends on if you care about the screen size. Keep in mind it's pretty big but if that is not a problem it's good buy. I have a Galaxy S4 and I very satisfied with it.

The problem with your question is that you can always wait for the next version of something. When the next HTC and the note comes out the next galaxy S will be on the horizon. Also the later versions of these phone will be somewhat cheaper so if money is a factor you should consider that too.
    Current phones have plenty of power which you will rarely ever use to the fullest anyway.

3. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland
    Wait for the Moto X. That will be one beast of a phone!

4. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Not too crazy about its design tbh

5. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland
    I sort of agree with you. It will be one hell of a phone on the inside, but the outside is mehh.. Personally, I am holding off til the Nexus 4's successor

6. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Unless it comes with 2.5ghz with 4gbs of ram I pribably wont get it lol

7. snikerz

snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    Lesotho
    I would advise you to wait for the new iPhone 5S, which will most likely be unveilled this fall.

8. jumpman1229
    This message by jumpman1229 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 20, 2013, Reason: onewordpostsarenotallowed -rp.
    Jul 19, 2013
  9. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Bleh not a iOS guy

[​IMG]

Now lets hope those rumors are true.

10. KTurbo

KTurbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    One thing is for sure. I won't buy another Apple product until I have no other option. I had an iPhone for almost 2,5 year and I couldn't be more dissatisfied with a product. Since then I've had WP7 phone and now an Android. To be honest the WP7 is the best experience yet, though I want the freedom and customization of the Android.

11. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Don't go with HTC unless you have no plans to root. I have to jump through a billion obstacles with it.

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    From what I've read, the Moto X isn't going to be as impressive as you fellers paint it to be. In fact the leaked benchmark results are quite underwhelming.

13. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    I have to agree with KTurbo. If you want/need a phone now, get it now. No matter what phone you get, a newer, better phone will always be right around the corner. As for the phones you listed, I think either would be fine.

14. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States

The Moto X phone is what I'll be waiting for. The specs will be mid range for today's standards, but the overall user experience is supposed to be better. Of course, we won't know until it's actually released.

Nexus 5.

15. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Nov 24, 2012
    *Facepalm* he is probly not a idiot, go and sacm someone else Apple-fan..um...boy

16. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Nov 24, 2012
    You Should go with the Nokia Lumia 920/1020 I really love the 920, it also works great with the Surface RT :)

17. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    My history of phones: Moto v3im, HTC Dream, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5. Currently dual-wielding the SGS3 and IP5.
    Each have their pros and cons. HTC has the best auto-correct. Samsung has the best specs. IP5 has the best games.
    What to get depends what you need your phone for. When to get it depends on how soon you need it. No matter what you get, a newer better phone will be out within the next 3 months.

Also, I prefer to buy the phone unlocked. I don't like the idea of paying your line carrier $30 to unlock at a later point in time.

18. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell