Hacking Should I use 1.1.3?

DirtySyko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being I am stuck using my DS-X. I would like to buy a nice, new R4, but I can't afford it at the moment. Posting on the DS-X forums are pointless, so I came here.

There are some games I am wanting to play, but they have save issues and I don't want to get too involved in the game and lose all of my data. Ninja Gaiden I played recently and lost about half of my progress, and I didn't even bother to get too far into Pokemon Diamond or Pearl for fear of corruption. I am just wanting to know, has the 1.1.3 update fixed these save issues? I'm weary of updating my firmware because of all the bricking stories, so I've just been using the Arm7 fix and playing what I can. Problem is, I really want to start playing Pokemon, and to finish Ninja Gaiden, but the saved data just gets corrupted.

So, has this firmware fixed the problem, or is there another solution to protect my saved data? From what I understand, even if you back up your data for pokemon, it won't matter, because it will read it from the EEPROM, and if it becomes corrupt and you try to load your backed up data, it still says it's corrupted. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't fully understand how it works.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DirtySyko said:
For the time being I am stuck using my DS-X. I would like to buy a nice, new R4, but I can't afford it at the moment. Posting on the DS-X forums are pointless, so I came here.

There are some games I am wanting to play, but they have save issues and I don't want to get too involved in the game and lose all of my data. Ninja Gaiden I played recently and lost about half of my progress, and I didn't even bother to get too far into Pokemon Diamond or Pearl for fear of corruption. I am just wanting to know, has the 1.1.3 update fixed these save issues? I'm weary of updating my firmware because of all the bricking stories, so I've just been using the Arm7 fix and playing what I can. Problem is, I really want to start playing Pokemon, and to finish Ninja Gaiden, but the saved data just gets corrupted.

So, has this firmware fixed the problem, or is there another solution to protect my saved data? From what I understand, even if you back up your data for pokemon, it won't matter, because it will read it from the EEPROM, and if it becomes corrupt and you try to load your backed up data, it still says it's corrupted. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't fully understand how it works.
The whole point of 1.1.3b is that is fixes game/save compatibility issues, so you should definitely use 1.1.3b.
The wiki doesn't lie: http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list
If you find stuff that doesn't work with 1.1.3b, please update the wiki. (And if you can, test with 1.1.2 as well.)
(Unfortunately, from the Wiki it looks like 2189 still has save problems with 1.1.3.)

DirtySyko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pbolmstedt said:
DirtySyko said:

The whole point of 1.1.3b is that is fixes game/save compatibility issues, so you should definitely use 1.1.3b.
The wiki doesn't lie: http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list
If you find stuff that doesn't work with 1.1.3b, please update the wiki. (And if you can, test with 1.1.2 as well.)
(Unfortunately, from the Wiki it looks like 2189 still has save problems with 1.1.3.)

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl don't show that they've been tested with 1.1.3. It says 1.1.2 and 1.1.1, so I wasn't sure if the issues with them had been fixed.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NeSchn said:
Sorry im off topic but why get an R4? They are basically dead, don't make the same mistake that you did (and I did) with the DS-X, get yourself something with quality. Get a Cyclo Ds, DSTT, or an AceKard 2.
Scds1 Sdhc is better than DSTT since it can run Ysmenu, DSTT OS and the Official Scds1 OS through a hacked loader. CycloDS Evo and Acekard 2 are good too
biggrin.gif

selamat.tingal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... this place's been very quiet... anyone had any bad experience with 1.1.3? Should I update my son's cartridge with it? Thanks.

diffa1uk

Trophies
XP
Country
hi can anyone be off any help the problem is i have a ds fire link card and the version it says is stable 2.54 . the problem i am having is that some games do not load up and displays a white image on both screens so i am asking is it possible that i can upgrade the card with some new software can you please help many thanks diffa

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
diffa1uk said:
hi can anyone be off any help the problem is i have a ds fire link card and the version it says is stable 2.54 . the problem i am having is that some games do not load up and displays a white image on both screens so i am asking is it possible that i can upgrade the card with some new software can you please help many thanks diffa
I'm sure the Fire Link is Xtremely cool, but it's no DS Xtreme!

diffa1uk

Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for that pbolmstedt new to this site and didnt know where to post the link regards diffa . ps if you know where i can update my card can you let me know in here many thanks ....
grog.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
selamat.tingal said:
So... this place's been very quiet... anyone had any bad experience with 1.1.3? Should I update my son's cartridge with it? Thanks.

Well, it fixes some small game comp., I hear.

But still, you should get a new cart. 1.1.3 is the last update coming from the DS-X team.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
ojsinnerz said:
selamat.tingal said:

Well, it fixes some small game comp., I hear.

But still, you should get a new cart. 1.1.3 is the last update coming from the DS-X team.

I still have faith team DSX wont let us down!
yaypsp.gif

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And I still have faith that P1ngpong will keep on trolling
laugh.gif

1.1.3b only fixes the arm7 problem, so you don't have to patch your roms anymore. It also resolve a few problems with disapearing savegames, like for Pokemon. And that's it! There is no problem with 1.1.3b, but it won't let you play certain games like Summon night, it doesn't work with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3b. Maybe the team is working on these problems? Will they let us down?
rolleyes.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...a nice new R4? I hate to watch Fangirls and boys labor under the delusion that R4's are the cure all for all their DS woes. Check out DealExtreme, every card the sell under 40bucks is more worth your time and money than an R4.

(Are they even still making R4's?--the authentic ones? I keep reading various arguments on this matter and while I've never checked up on it for myself, I have noticed a distinct lack of R4's in various shops online.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol