Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Nujui, Jul 20, 2011.

Jul 20, 2011

Should I upgrade? by Nujui at 12:21 AM (636 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I've been on 5.00 M33 for a pretty long while now, and I thought it would be best to finally upgrade it.

My question is, what should I upgrade too? I haven't really been looking the the PSP scene that much really.

2. Shabutie78

Member Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you don't feel the need to upgrade, and you don't care about digital comics, qriocity, or sensme channels, then feel free to stay on 5.00. it's more stable than any 6.xx CFW (pretty much only in that it has a fully working popsloader - don't dwell too much on this).

if you do decide to upgrade, your best bet would be 6.20 PRO-B8 permanent, assuming you have a fully hackable PSP.
    6.20 doesn't have qriocity, so if you want to try it (you get a free trial or something) and have a PSP 1000 or 2000, you can have 6.39 PRO-B8 permanent.

edit:
    since you're on M33 i'm assuming you have a 1000 or 2000 series PSP. if you were to upgrade your best choice would be 6.39 PRO with permanent patch.
    all the 6.xx PROs are as stable as one another, and this way you're on the latest firmware and have qriocity at your disposal.

3. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Well, it should be obvious that I have a fully hackable one if I'm able to run M33 on it [​IMG]. (It's 1001 btw.)

Though from what I heard, game compatibilty is better on those fws?

4. Shabutie78

Member Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    everything works the same for me, pretty much.
    i'm assuming you have prometheus patch installed which is what 6.xx PRO uses as its ISO loader, but it's called Inferno now.
    so all ISOs work, just like they used to. only i can run them clean now (no patching).

also, you have a psp 1001 so you can just pandora back to 5.xx if you decide you don't want to keep your 6.xx CFW.
    if that sounds like too much of a hassle, you can just use hellcat's recovery flasher. it makes it extremely easy to downgrade back to 5.xx firmwares as long as your psp isn't already (fully) bricked. and yours won't be, so you can use it [​IMG]

5. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    6.39 has a permanent patch? Is that something new to B8? When I was looking up on hacking my PSP when I first got one a couple of weeks ago, only the 6.20 had a permanent mode, 6.35 and 6.39 were temp only.

6. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    no since b7

7. DeltaBladeX

New Zealand
    Okay. Cool. Guess I'll look that up a bit later. Higher numbers can only help.

Don't suppose you could link me to the files for 6.39 ProB8 Permanent?

8. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    sure
    pro b8

9. DeltaBladeX

New Zealand
    Thanks. Just a quick question since it has different folders than the 6.20 I installed. Is this using the Fast Recovery folder? If so, while it can be run when you turn off to bring back CFW, its something I've avoided for both laziness (yes, a few seconds is too much work for me) and because of my cheap crap memory stick I want to replace since I sometimes have to turn my system on and off a few times for it to read the memory stick. Which won't be fun since a reset for the install of firmware or plugins has the same effect as turning off the system as far as the stick is concerned.

And before I'm told to replace it, thats a priority, just behind my rent and other bills. I hope to get a 8 or 16GB Sony brand in a couple of weeks unless a new bill tells me I can't.

10. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    fast recovery is what's used to quickly get back into temp CFW after a cold boot (holding the power button for 10 seconds to turn off, then back on)

when u load fast recovery, it flashes the CFW onto flash0 (i believe), so your memory card messing up shouldn't be a problem

11. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    5.50 GEN-D3, then to 5.50 Prome-4.
    That's what I did, and I can play newer games just fine.

12. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    PRO can play all games clean with perfect compatibility and access the PSN without PSNlover (if that even still works), also some other stuff, but i don't really know the specifics of the difference between gen+prome vs. PRO

13. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    My fully flashable consoles are all still on the vanilla 5.00 M33-6 if that interests anyone. Only thing i have on PRO is the Go.