1. ahamza61

    OP ahamza61 GBAtemp Regular
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2013
    Messages:
    157
    Country:
    United States
    I have n3ds xl with 9.9 and a sky3ds card. Since there is no way to install cfw to 9.9 should I update my firmware? Or should I wait on 9.9?
     
  2. GoodCookie88

    GoodCookie88 rekt em skrubs
    Member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    931
    Country:
    United States
    Well I would stay. Just in case
     
  3. gallymimu

    gallymimu EE Expert
    Member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    United States
    definitely stay. 10.2 and 10.3 have patched several of the exploit entry points.

    For instance one of the best entry points is menuhax/themehax for homebrew, if you update you will lose that.

    My N3DS is on 10.1 and I am staying there so I can keep the menuhax.
     
  4. SLiV3R

    SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2006
    Messages:
    2,310
    Country:
    I would update. If/when a new kernel exploit appears. It will most likely support the latest firmware. I would update everything between 9.3-10.2.

    Good luck! :)
     
  5. dimmidice

    dimmidice GBAtemp Addict
    Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2009
    Messages:
    2,359
    Country:
    Belgium
    the answer is almost always wait. generally speaking the older the firmware the better the odds. so if you can wait, wait.
     
  6. SomeGamer

    SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru
    Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2014
    Messages:
    6,821
    Country:
    Hungary
    I wouldn't. Menuhax is great and if a kernel exploit arises, I'd bet it will be compatible with 9.9.
    Unless you want eShop, that is.
     
  7. ahamza61

    OP ahamza61 GBAtemp Regular
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2013
    Messages:
    157
    Country:
    United States
    Thanks for answer people. I mean we can install cfw up to 9.2, somehow if they hack newer versions which firmwares will be luckier? 10.x's or 9.x's?
     
  8. SomeGamer

    SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru
    Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2014
    Messages:
    6,821
    Country:
    Hungary
    Not much have changed, but for menuhax alone I'd stay on 9.9!
     
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Should, update,