Hardware Should I update?

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hope I post this in the right category. Anyways: hi.

I have not used my wii for half a year, so I am very outdated when it comes to info on homebrew ect. I have the latest homebrew channel and recently installed bootmi (boot2).

My main question is: Is there any reason for me not to update to the latest wii firmware? Is there anything else I should now about? My wii is a PAL.

frazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe there is any reason why you shouldn't update, i updated yesterday to 4.0E made a nand dump then up to 4.1E and again a nand dump....everything that worked on 3.2 works on both 4.0 & 4.1

Go for the latest CIOS38 rev 14: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-14

HERE

Forgot to mention:

Use these to update

4.0 firmware update: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-40

4.1 Firmware update: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-41

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
nand dump? I'm afraid that I don't know much about this
tongue.gif
I think I installed some costum IOS or something some time ago, and I think I have starfall.. Sorry if this is stupid or anything, just want to make sure..

Can't I just update automatically? IOS 38?
tongue.gif

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Perhaps I'm just slow in the head here. I need IOS38 to play homebrew? I still don't understand why I can't update automatically. Are the ones you linked custom FW or something? Do I have to manually back up my nand or is that done for me already? I'm sure this is all very obvious to you, but I just got into this, so treat me like a toddler please.

Just to sum things up, I need to: 1. fiddle with the ios38 stuff. 2. Update (manually?) 3. install startpatch

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've understood that much. However, I can't see why that link is relevant. All the Q&A in the FAQ are about problems, not the actual usage. I would really appreciate if someone could just explain this in a simple and straightforward way

frazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.kuchinawa said:
Thanks. All that is left now is IOS38 and FW? Is there any reason why I can't download an update via my WII?
You have to download the file and run the application from your SD card....you can choose network option from the installer

frazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.kuchinawa said:
Could you please read my entire post(s) and come up with a consistent answer?

"why don't you sit back and relax"

I've done all the legwork for you

Now its up to you "Google"

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
omg what is your problem... This is not very obvious to me and I think I've made that clear. Instead of scanning huge amounts of relatively complicated stuff, I merely wanted a quick dummy-explanation.

But I guess you are too stuck up for that

n00gz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had no problems updating to the latest FW, which I only did recently. So far have no issues at on the contrary really as am now able to move channels from system mem to my SD card. These channels are my WiiWare & VC games that I can now run via the SD card. Helps heaps saving memory for other useless stuff in the wii
tongue.gif

I was in the same situation as yourself and was outa the loop so to speak. I softmodded my wii at the start of the year to see if I could and then moved onto other things, such as life really.

That FW updater 4.1 is what I used to update mine - does take a while around 20-30 mins to complete the process via WiFi connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow