Should I sell my O3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Eradigon, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Eradigon
    OP

Eradigon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    watching you sleep
    I just A9LH/Luma'd my O3DS (not XL because I have small hands and I got my 3DS before the XL came out), and I'm wondering if I should sell it. I am interested in 3ds games and hacking, but I feel like my 3DS isn't worth as much (both in terms of monetary value and functionality) because it's an O3DS. Really the only reason why it might be worth something at all is because of ARM9 access, and I can provide CN and OOT3D with it if that increases the value at all (not sure if it does, are those games rare because they're entrypoints?). My main goal is to buy a hackable N3DS and A9LH/Luma it but I don't think I can make enough by selling my O3DS to do so, and being a teenager I have very little other money. However, because of that, even if it's not worth nearly enough to get a N3DS if it's worth >$150 I might consider it, I doubt it is though. Does anyone know if it's worth it to sell my 3DS? I don't want to give up on 3DS entirely, so I'd like to make sure it's reasonable to sell it for the price of a hackable n3DS before I sell it.

2. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Well if you don't care about your o3ds anymore, but you're still interested in hacking and want a n3ds i'd say go for it.

3. Eradigon
    OP

Eradigon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    watching you sleep
    Still not sure until I figure out how much it might go for. Don't really want to be stuck not having a 3DS at all, since I do care about my O3DS but I'd rather have an n3ds for improved homebrew support, 3d, exclusive games etc.

4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    a9lh 3ds price gouging is totally normal so you can ask for 200 usd for it . . . and though some people (like me) will hate on you (as you can install a9lh for free) it will still sell for that price (because some people are afraid to install a9lh themselves)

edit: lol i originally typed 4ds instead of 3ds

5. Eradigon
    OP

Eradigon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    watching you sleep
    Well, I'm not entirely morally clean, so I'm fine with price gouging :P. I'm still on the fence but if I decide to sell it I'll put it up on ebay and ask for $200. Thanks for the comments, everyone.

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    well not for 200 on ebay (you cant mention a9lh on ebay and as such it will only carry's the value of a normal 3ds that way)