Hacking Should I return my Wii?

trm382

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was actually curious about this myself, I seem to get better results when its horizontal... but I dunno, that might just be in my head

ALSO... I swear to god my wii runs better with the chip... it really doesn't make much sense at all, but I got a crap load of DRE before modding (specifically with TP, SSX Blur, and SMB), but now my backups play better than my originals did, it makes me wonder if the media third party companies use are cheap or something, but I have honestly not gotten one since

*knock on wood* since the wii has been kinda flakey

vegenigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this makes me feel a bit better... sounds as thought some of you are getting the occasional DRE as well. If it's normal to get this once in a while, I would rather not go through the return process.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well this makes me feel a bit better... sounds as thought some of you are getting the occasional DRE as well. If it's normal to get this once in a while, I would rather not go through the return process.
I sometimes get them on occasion with my Wii as well, although given its usage, it is very infrequent and uncommon. How often does it usually occur? I have people playing mine for hours, and it probably only happens once every 10 hours.

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I wouldn't wait on this kind of thing. Get it fixed while you can still do it for free instead of possibly letting it degenerate over the next few months. I'm sure you can go a week or two without the Wii. Nobody should settle for a defective product.

vegenigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I sometimes get them on occasion with my Wii as well, although given its usage, it is very infrequent and uncommon. How often does it usually occur? I have people playing mine for hours, and it probably only happens once every 10 hours.
It has only happened with Wii Sports, when it failed to read the disk two times in a row. After that, it read the disk but gave me a DRE error after a game of tennis. So in a way, it was just that one instance. Cleaning off the big fingerprint mark *seemed* to fix it, as I played for about an hour and a half after that with no issues.

Wii Play has yet to yield any errors, nor has Day of Reckoning 2 for GC. I got the Wii last week, so those are the only games I have tried.

vegenigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I wouldn't wait on this kind of thing. Get it fixed while you can still do it for free instead of possibly letting it degenerate over the next few months. I'm sure you can go a week or two without the Wii. Nobody should settle for a defective product.
I guess I just want to figure out if what happened was normal first, in order to avoid an unnecessary return.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I guess I just want to figure out if what happened was normal first, in order to avoid an unnecessary return.
If it was just a fingerprint then maybe wait on it but it kinda sounds worse than that. I have had my Wii since launch and it never DRE'd on any original game. Since modding it it hasn't even so much as DRE'd on backups either. So maybe it is a bad Wii Sports disc seeing as your other discs have run fine.

I have to ask though, what did you have your hands in before you put large fingerprints on your Wii Sports disc? Maybe this is not to be known...
nyanya.gif

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive heard of a few other cases of peeps getting DRE on an original Wii sports. Might be worth trying another copy and see if thats ok, It may just turn out to be a bad disk. Fingerprints, unless really oily should make no difference to the playback of the disk.
smile.gif

Sk3pT!kaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took my Tenkaichi 2 backup and put 5 big smudges right on the disc (from each finger on my right hand). Nothing. Worked flawlessly..

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go clean my game ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj