Hacking Should I reset my Vita?

ZabuzaMomochi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used hacked Vita recently, and it seems like the previous owner set up some things wrong, such as placing plugins in ux0 and using AutoPlugin. People on the HENkaku Discord server advised me to delete Autoplugin and AutoPlugin II and the plugins in ux0, but I'm wondering if there's anything else he may have done that'll interfere on my experience.

For example, I'm having an issue where I get a warning saying that I cannot earn trophies when I start up some games, such as Rayman Origins, and it seems that what's causing this is the Simple Account Switcher homebrew he used. Is it ok for me to just log into my PSN account or I should delete his id.dat and any other remains of his account? Also, Uncharted seems to be running at a much slower framerate than it should, at least when compared to YouTube walkthroughs. Is it worth it to manually fix all of this stuff or I should just start from scratch, and are there any files I should make sure to backup? Both h-encore² and enso apps are on the homescreen, and there's a henkaku option in the system settings, system version is 3.65 + two japanese characters.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a used hacked Vita recently, and it seems like the previous owner set up some things wrong, such as placing plugins in ux0 and using AutoPlugin. People on the HENkaku Discord server advised me to delete Autoplugin and AutoPlugin II and the plugins in ux0, but I'm wondering if there's anything else he may have done that'll interfere on my experience.

For example, I'm having an issue where I get a warning saying that I cannot earn trophies when I start up some games, such as Rayman Origins, and it seems that what's causing this is the Simple Account Switcher homebrew he used. Is it ok for me to just log into my PSN account or I should delete his id.dat and any other remains of his account? Also, Uncharted seems to be running at a much slower framerate than it should, at least when compared to YouTube walkthroughs. Is it worth it to manually fix all of this stuff or I should just start from scratch, and are there any files I should make sure to backup? Both h-encore² and enso apps are on the homescreen, and there's a henkaku option in the system settings, system version is 3.65 + two japanese characters.
@ZabusaMomochi i too received that message,in the settings in henkaku you set spoof version to 3.73?However,many users say that Autoplugin and Autoplugin2 create problems,i have been using it since modding my PS Vita,the only thing is that the plugins go in ur0 and not in ux0,and many are necessary.

Reactions: ZabuzaMomochi

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

Don't bother with Autoplugin, VitaDeploy (except for installing a particular firmware, it's f**king GREAT for that) or anything like them. Everything can be done through simple copy/paste and a little typing. I've noticed that, when it comes to Vita, at least, lots of the installer apps just kinda suck.
Also, you don't have to keep any of the stuff the previous owner did. Hacking the Vita and getting yourself on a firmware that does what you want is super easy. Just factory reset that bad boy and start over.
I kid you not, you can probably have your Vita wiped, rehacked, and all the plugins you want in about 30 minutes. I've been messing around with my Vita a lot lately, breaking sh*t, and the worst part is rearranging the icons after I'm done.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

wassim8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd suggest you to reset completely your vita for 3 reasons :
- vita hack is easy and short probably 1 hour long (my experience) or less
- I'd suggest to get the 3.60 not 3.65 since it's more compatible with whatever the scene is working on (games, patches, ...)
- and last but not least you'll have a complete clear mind when it comes to your vita.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd suggest you to reset completely your vita for 3 reasons :
- vita hack is easy and short probably 1 hour long (my experience) or less
- I'd suggest to get the 3.60 not 3.65 since it's more compatible with whatever the scene is working on (games, patches, ...)
- and last but not least you'll have a complete clear mind when it comes to your vita.
@wassin8 ,wrong, 3.65 is better because if you want to use VitaCheat Z06 it doesn't work on 3.60.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.