Gaming Should I request new straps?

richardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FUD follows: Have any of you who've ordered new straps got a chipped wii? This free replacement scheme could be just be a great ruse to get everyone to register their wii's serial number against their home address.

Then potentially any future wii updates that your console does that somehow is able detect a drive chip might also routinely send the serial number back as it requests the download. Mindless scare mongering I know and unlikely that the big N will ever go after the small consumers but it could be in the pipeline considering some of recent stepped up measures towards chip sellers/producers?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FUD follows: Have any of you who've ordered new straps got a chipped wii? This free replacement scheme could be just be a great ruse to get everyone to register their wii's serial number against their home address.

Then potentially any future wii updates that your console does that somehow is able detect a drive chip might also routinely send the serial number back as it requests the download. Mindless scare mongering I know and unlikely that the big N will ever go after the small consumers but it could be in the pipeline considering some of recent stepped up measures towards chip sellers/producers?

Well, my Wii was registered with them anyway, so ordering the straps was giving them no information than they already had. I'm pretty sure that there is no conspiracy to find modded consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended