Hacking Should I re-hack this console ?

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I bought a second used Wii console...but it came with HBC already installed and lots of channels that don't run(since the unit didn't come with an SD card)...So I deleted all the channels and kept only the HBC.

Should I Erase the HBC and re-hack the console ? is it possible ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Evening. 1tee.gif

Why is it everytime the main Procedure to "Factory RESET" a modded Console ? :)

No,it is not safer.
No,it brings nothing,not a single Advantage.
No,it makes no Sense.

Yes,it can brick a Console in the Worst case.
Yes,it deletes Files,that you can maybe never bring back.
Yes,it is a Modding "Blasphemie".:lol:

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, So I keep it the way it is...but I have some questions:

(1) Should I Run the LetterBomb hack and uninstall HBC + BootMii and then re-install them ? here is a photo of the currently installed HBC.

(2) How do I deal with the already installed cIOSes ? Can I use cIOS installer to remove them ?

(3) I Erased tons of channels that were showing on the System Menu(That could not run since the unit didn't come with any SD cards), Will there be any left overs ?

Last edited by L3gi0n0fh311,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok, So I keep it the way it is...but I have some questions:

(1) Should I Run the LetterBomb hack and uninstall HBC + BootMii and then re-install them ? here is a photo of the currently installed HBC.

That is very good Idea,so you can check if and how is BootMii installed !

(2) How do I deal with the already installed cIOSes ? Can I use cIOS installer to remove them ?

Why ? You can use ModMii or d2x cIOS Installer to overwrite them.
This is no dumb Windows.:)

(3) I Erased tons of channels that were showing on the System Menu(That could not run since the unit didn't come with any SD cards), Will there be any left overs ?

Maybe on the Wii Sytem Menu Screen,you see/have Forwarder Channels for some Homebrew Applications,you can delete them from the Wii Settings/Data Managment/Channel Data.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is very good Idea,so you can check if and how is BootMii installed !

When on the HBC, I press the Home and then choose "Launch BootMii" .. but nothing happens...BootMii doesn't show up at boot either...

you can delete them from the Wii Settings/Data Managment/Channel Data

I deleted all the garbage Channels that were in Wii/Data Management/Channels....besides these, are there any other left overs ?

Do you recommend deleting HBC through Wii/Data Management/Channels or through HackMii installer ?

My System has Priiloader version 0.7 installed...Can see a photo here. How do I upgrade it to v0.9 ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

When on the HBC, I press the Home and then choose "Launch BootMii" .. but nothing happens...BootMii doesn't show up at boot either...

I deleted all the garbage Channels that were in Wii/Data Management/Channels....besides these, are there any other left overs ?
No.
Do you recommend deleting HBC through Wii/Data Management/Channels
No.
or through HackMii installer ?
Yes,HackMii re-installs it for you.
My System has Priiloader version 0.7 installed...Can see a photo here. How do I upgrade it to v0.9 ?
Please choose "Update" (please check before your Wii has Internet Access).
If that fails (but it should work),please use ModMii to get the latest Version v0.9.
and install it from the Homebrew Channel please.
It also have now a direct Booter into Priiloader from the Homebrew Channel thanks to @XFlak

Good Luck.:)

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
launching "bootmii" via the HBC (or generally anything) will only work if SD:\bootmii is saved to your sd card. If you use modmii, it will put that folder on your SD card as well as have you update priiloader, the hbc, etc.

Since you already have homebrew, the easiest way for you to update your softmods is to run syscheck on your wii, than drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will generate a custom guide for you to follow to get yourself all up to date. Note that it will see that priiloader is already installed and not instruct you to update to v0.9 (syscheck doesn't inform us what version of priiloader is installed).

Alternatively you could just run ModMii's main wizard as if the Wii was a virgin, and follow the guide, repeating steps even if they seem a bit redundant, redoing steps is fine, but skipping the wrong step is not

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If that fails (but it should work), and install it from the Homebrew Channel please.

So if the "Check For Update" option in Priiloader menu fails I just follow the following steps:

(1) Extract Priiloader_v0_9.zip into SD:/apps/
(2) Enter the HBC
(3) Load Priiloader from there...

This will over-install the Priiloader ..right ? I don't need to remove the older Priiloader first...right ?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So if the "Check For Update" option in Priiloader menu fails I just follow the following steps:

(2) Enter the HBC

This will over-install the Priiloader ..right ? I don't need to remove the older Priiloader first...right ?

Correct.:)

Reactions: XFlak

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

(2) Enter the HBC

listen to alexander... he is the king of wii homebrew. Yes, i believe it will.

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
You forgot to mention Xflak, that man is next level. [emoji14]
Agreed :rofl:

So I bought a second used Wii console...but it came with HBC already installed and lots of channels that don't run(since the unit didn't come with an SD card)...So I deleted all the channels and kept only the HBC.

Should I Erase the HBC and re-hack the console ? is it possible ?

You can install ModMii by clicking xflak’s signature or going to the link below:
https://modmii.github.io/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV