Should I play WOW?

D

Deleted User

Sterl500 said:
Infinite Zero said:
I beg to differ.
Oh, so it can't make you anti social? If you pull out a DS in my previous school, almost everyone avoids you like a plague.

Do you know from first hand experience?
smile.gif

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play Warcraft 3 occasionally; probably the closest to WoW I'll ever get. Monthly subscription plans are a little too much for me. I say don't play, another source of addiction I wouldn't recommend.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I have not played WoW, I know that it's bad BECAUSE of the variety of ways it can change you. I've heard many things about this game and it's just something that I'm going to have to avoid. I still remember that video where the guy destroyed his computer just because all of his WoW accounts got deleted by his girlfriend (though it was just fucking hilarious). That pretty much explains what WoW can do to you. It's either getting addicted to it or become a maniac over the game, or maybe even both. I think that video was posted at the User-Submitted News Section of GBAtemp.

So, hell no, stay away from this game, especially if you think education and life are more important than just a bunch of pixelated objects.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Well, Ive played for 4 years of WoW and I gotta say, its sometimes fun, sometimes its just boring, if you raid you could be staying up very late (I raided only on weekends) people in there are (some of them) very cool.. And I still have many friends even though I played WoW so.. But I'm quitting it soon since my laptop cant seem to run Cataclysm (And I got horribly slow internet, barely 2mb)And I dont play it almost at all. So I say try it, see if you like it, play it or not.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am r4ymond said:
Even though I have not played WoW, I know that it's bad BECAUSE of the variety of ways it can change you. I've heard many things about this game and it's just something that I'm going to have to avoid. I still remember that video where the guy destroyed his computer just because all of his WoW accounts got deleted by his girlfriend (though it was just fucking hilarious). That pretty much explains what WoW can do to you. It's either getting addicted to it or become a maniac over the game, or maybe even both. I think that video was posted at the User-Submitted News Section of GBAtemp.

So, hell no, stay away from this game, especially if you think education and life are more important than just a bunch of pixelated objects.
*sigh*
So one guy does that, and now all wow players have anger issues?

If my GF would delete my characters, which she will not since she also plays WoW, I'd give a phonecall to blizzard, asking them if they could return my charactes, be a little pissed at my GF, and continue to play.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you want to try out a half decent free private server try out ITR.

Be warned its not perfect, although this server is constantly updated and you can play for a very long time before you experience any bugs.

http://www.itrwow.com/

If you really like the free version then it could be worth it to upgrade to the retail version.

It will probably be months before the private server rolls out that new update that is coming soon.

If you do decide to try out ITR let me know I have like 4 or 5 level 80's on it and can help you do quests or crafting and stuff like that.

Edit: Before anyone says "Omg you have so many 80's!!!" Meh I can get to level 80 so fast these days its not funny so it really does not represent the huge time sink it appears to be.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost a really good friend because of this game he ignored me all the time and I decided that we're no longer friends that's why I hate him more than anyone in this world and if I seen him again I would tell him how much I hate him.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
I am r4ymond said:

*sigh*
So one guy does that, and now all wow players have anger issues?

If my GF would delete my characters, which she will not since she also plays WoW, I'd give a phonecall to blizzard, asking them if they could return my charactes, be a little pissed at my GF, and continue to play.

The reason why I bolded that phrase was because I was trying to stress the presentation and mentioning of the video. I'm NOT trying to emphasize that all WoW players have anger issues.

Don't jump to conclusions quickly. As if I had made such a personal attack to WoW players...

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
Don't start WOW seriously iit's really adictive I've plaied for about 2 months i stoped because i saw that i was changing....
It's better to play a NDS game when you bored or something else.....

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dudeee if you want to get addicted to something WoW is the way to go, i was addicted for 2 years most fun i have had it was fucking awesome DO IT!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
A lot of people say that it's just an act
ohmy.gif

Yeap and they got some evidence as well.

But still, It could happen.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)