Misc Should I mod my wii?

pikalols18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so long story short, I got this cheap Wii for $25 USD at a local store. I've always wanted a Wii, cause it looked like fun. So, anyway, I have 3 games to myself, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Rayman Origins. I want to know if I should install some mods, such as WiiConnect24, and Wiimmfi. My brother uses my wii every so often, to play a transformers game. Would it be worth the risk? Is Nintendo still updating the wii? This is my only wii, and don't want to risk losing it. Thanks! pika

SomeKindOfUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modding a Wii is very safe and very easy and Nintendo has long since stopped updating the firmware.

There are plenty of guides and programs available that will walk you through the process. Just be sure to follow the steps and not skip any of them.

Last edited by SomeKindOfUsername,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead and mod it, pretty much no downsides. The official online servers have been shut down for a long time, so you don't have to worry about being banned. And since the Wii Shop is closed, there is a lot of content that can't be bought today, it only exists online in WAD files.

Aside from that, there are backup loaders as well as emulators you can run on it. Plus there are pretty cool skin mods you can install, but I think those are a bit riskier. There are also apps that can let you play DVDs and other media files, but sometimes these apps can be glitchy, especially when trying to navigate DVD menus. I can't really think of anything else noteworthy that you can do with a modded Wii at the moment, but go have fun.

D

Deleted User

I just hacked my Wii thanks to XFlak, his suggestion to use Modmii saved me from alot of trouble. I would go ahead and download it. Just make sure you read the webpage that shows up in your browser and follow it completely. I would suggest using all of the default settings in ModMii. If you change to system 4.3 you can't play movies through the dvd player (at least this is what I heard online.) That is, if you've got a pre-2008 model like I do. If not you can't play movies anyway. You absolutely need an SD card for this, SDHC only works after you've updated.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so long story short, I got this cheap Wii for $25 USD at a local store. I've always wanted a Wii, cause it looked like fun. So, anyway, I have 3 games to myself, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Rayman Origins. I want to know if I should install some mods, such as WiiConnect24, and Wiimmfi. My brother uses my wii every so often, to play a transformers game. Would it be worth the risk? Is Nintendo still updating the wii? This is my only wii, and don't want to risk losing it. Thanks! pika
The question is wrong. The correct is: Should i not mod my Wii? You will have a bit emulator central for 25 bucks. Not counting with other functions like WiiMC.

Last edited by Ericsonanzois,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1