Should I keep or sell the Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am going through a dilemma. A really major one.

When I got my Wii, it was at its peak. Lesser shovelware, some games weren't hacked so they didn't suck, and many more reason. Now, I can't get a decent match in Guitar Hero (they always quit on me because I'm too good for them) so this casual thing is making me impatient. The Mario Kart rankings is also f'ed and for some reason, my Wii keeps DC'ing even if the router is NEXT to it...

What I'm thinking now is trading in my Wii and the whole lot:

Wii Play
Mario Kart Wii
Link's Crossbow Training
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Legends of Rock
Warioware
No More Heroes
Excite Truck
Ghost Squad
Classic Controller

For Xbox 360 and some games.

So, I came to this site to ask people to convince me whether I should keep my Wii (most likely to happen) or if I should get a 360.

So I'm doing a point/counterpoint about this:

Point: Keep the Wii
Reasons: [*]Wii has and will have good games[*]Innovative[*]Games that even a no-brainer can play[*]More players I think[*]The Xbox sucks. You have to pay to play against someone.[*]If you get a 360, prepare a countdown on when you will get RROD.
Counterpoint: Sell that Wii
Reasons:[*]Had enough of playing against casual players (who quit in Guitar Hero and other games, and cheat)[*]Although the Wii receives updates, the games cannot be patched so once a bug is discovered, that's it![*]I want to go against more advanced players (mainly Guitar Hero)[*]Graphics matters these days. I know you can't play graphics but would you keep on playing a game with shitty graphics? Get real and keep up with the time![*]Larger library[*]Coz I'm a Guitar Hero fan, the instrument compatibility between GH and Rock Band is much better compared to Wii.[*]Games can be patched.
Please help me. All of the things are actually boxed up so I only need to call my mate and drive me to Gamestation. I asked Gamestation and they said the trade-in price for all those things listed above will be £230.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii = no Halo 3.
Xbox 360 = Halo 3.

xbox 360 > wii

ph34r.gif

....seriously though, I had both. The 360 RRoD so I exclusively used the wii & got bored after about 1 week.
Swapped the wii for a PS3 which I then sold & got a new 360.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have gotten it modded so all the money you spent on those games could have gone to a Xbox 360 in the first place. Just get rid of it. It doesn't sound like you are enjoying it. It's like being in a relationship. If you already have one foot out the door, just leave already because you'll just make yourself miserable the longer you stay. Also, the buy-back value of your console might go down the longer you wait.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
layzieyez said:
You should have gotten it modded so all the money you spent on those games could have gone to a Xbox 360 in the first place. Just get rid of it. It doesn't sound like you are enjoying it. It's like being in a relationship. If you already have one foot out the door, just leave already because you'll just make yourself miserable the longer you stay. Also, the buy-back value of your console might go down the longer you wait.
I didn't want to mess with the innards of my Wii. Also, the 360 is easier to mod right?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I see reasons for you to get a 360.. but not to sell the Wii.. Having only one console you'll be missing games the same way (you'll miss more having only a Wii but still..)

AFAIK the instrument compatibility on the next Guitar Hero and Rock Band games will work for the Wii too..

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I sold mine a few weeks ago for £250
smile.gif

Absolutely glad I did. I've completed all the games that interest me (Mario, Zelda etc.), and the rest of the library are so poor that I have zero interest in the Wii. There was not ONE announced game that I was looking forward to.

May pick one up again in a few years but who knows.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
I see reasons for you to get a 360.. but not to sell the Wii.. Having only one console you'll be missing games the same way (you'll miss more having only a Wii but still..)

AFAIK the instrument compatibility on the next Guitar Hero and Rock Band games will work for the Wii too..
I don't mind just having one console as I'm busy these days with college (when it's half-term I still got homework, when it's holidays I stay over at friend's house or go out to places without the Wii).

Instument Compatibility can be seen here

cepheus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The wii will be around for a while so I would keep it especially after you invested so much already.

Xbox 360 is not necessarily easier to mod (doing it yourself) though it is cheaper to mod it at a store...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Absolutely glad I did. I've completed all the games that interest me (Mario, Zelda etc.), and the rest of the library are so poor that I have zero interest in the Wii. There was not ONE announced game that I was looking forward to.
Yup. Occupied by shovelware and that's what I hate about Wii games. It is why it's getting the reputation of a kids console.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 360 is not nessecarily "easier to mod"

I'm assuming by mod you play backups, if this is the case then with the backup loader the Wii is the easiest to achieve boot of backups.

The 360 dosnt need a modchip in it but it can still be quite a bastard to do, you need specific hardware (VIA62** SATA) and if you get a 360 & end up with a lite-on drive then it gets even more complicated.

With the wii, backups can be loaded without any hard-mods to the console itself, sure you can install a modchip but whats the point now that the loader is out?

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
cardyology said:
The 360 is not nessecarily "easier to mod"

I'm assuming by mod you play backups, if this is the case then with the backup loader the Wii is the easiest to achieve boot of backups.

The 360 dosnt need a modchip in it but it can still be quite a bastard to do, you need specific hardware (VIA62** SATA) and if you get a 360 & end up with a lite-on drive then it gets even more complicated.

With the wii, backups can be loaded without any hard-mods to the console itself, sure you can install a modchip but whats the point now that the loader is out?

The backup loader doesn't work 100% yet..

Only problem I see on the 360 modding is MS banning you from Live if they get you..
Oh yeah! And you can't send it back to Microsoft if you get a RROD..

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cardyology said:
you can't send it back to Microsoft if you get a RROD..

What rock you been living under matey? There was a massive kick off about it and MS said assuming you've not had it for over 2 years they'll fix it for you

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only bought my wii for brawl. But i didnt get addicted to it like the way i am/was with melee.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
fuuuuuu said:
cardyology said:
you can't send it back to Microsoft if you get a RROD..

What rock you been living under matey? There was a massive kick off about it and MS said assuming you've not had it for over 2 years they'll fix it for you

Even if it's modded!?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
as i h8 360 im gonna say wii... but is best sellin console atm so is way betta!!!

ipumuk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
get a xbox360 NOW.

play gta4, gears of war 1 and 2, halo 3, farcry 2, fable 2, bioshock, dead space etc.

after you have completed those games check if there are any new wii exclusives you wanna play. if yes, trade your xbox for a wii!

be a player ! try to play ALL games you can!

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ipumuk said:
get a xbox360 NOW.

play gta4, gears of war 1 and 2, halo 3, farcry 2, fable 2, bioshock, dead space etc.

after you have completed those games check if there are any new wii exclusives you wanna play. if yes, trade your xbox for a wii!

be a player ! try to play ALL games you can!
1. Trading multiple times will be complicated.
2. (response to the italicised) I'd rather live with my life then lose it...

UPDATE: I rang Gamestation again and they reduced the price! It's now £180 (even with the Wii included, which costs £180)...Depressing. But I'll get it soon.

Someone close this thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays