Hacking should i install cIOSCORP v3.3?

NintendoLover64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi im just asking is it really save to install cIOSCORP v3.3? will it block any homebrew?
what are the risk of bricking? and how does it brick? will i be able too use bootmii to save me?

in genral is it save to install cIOSCORP v3.3?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NintendoLover64 said:
hi im just asking is it really save to install cIOSCORP v3.3? will it block any homebrew?
what are the risk of bricking? and how does it brick? will i be able too use bootmii to save me?

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha you probably dont even know where to get cioscorp 3.3
leave it alone and stick to neogamma if you asking nonsense like this.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if you're asking this question then you probably shouldn't install it. There's plenty of information already on the forums that would answer those questions for you.

-Will it block Homebrew apps? In essence, No, it doesn't block Homebrew applications, but it does replace just about every core IOS on your system. If any app uses one of them, that app might not work until you reinstall.

-Risk of Bricking? Just like everything else, the big flashing disclaimer says it all. You should search the forums for the awful stories of bricked Wiis.

-How? I personally don't use ciosCorp (and would never) but I believe any power failure or surge during the install would brick your Wii. If you have BootMii installed as boot2, then you could fix it. If its installed as IOS, then there is high chance you could not recover.

The better question to ask, do you REALLY need ciosCorp?

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NintendoLover64 said:

I can't believe some of the questions people ask. Research a bit before you post and you end up sounding a lot more knowledgeable about the subject and you tend to get far better responses. Since you clearly have not done that, you're likely not going to get much useful help.

cIOSCorp patches every IOS on your Wii. I don't think I've ever seen anywhere.. ever.. that says cioscorp was safe-- if you'd have researched, you'd know this. cIOSCorp is one of the most risky things you can do to your Wii and with your current knowledge level on the matter, I'm sure you'd brick it.

Maybe do a little reading on your own before you post next time.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NintendoLover64 said:
will it block any homebrew?
Yes, if the Wii brick it block homebrew.
moogle.gif

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i throw stuff like this on my test wii, but in practice or in a single Wii household i would never use it, and i would instead either autoboot into a loader, it dont let retards use your console

if you cant figure out how to load a game with a loader then you need to put your wii back in its box, and put it on ebay or return to vendor because your too stupid to own it
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tweak201 said:
just do it and dont bother with bootmii or preloader. you'll be fine
blink.gif
Don't listen to this guy.
If you don't have BootMii or Preloader on your Wii, and something in the installation goes wrong, you're pretty much screwed.

ALWAYS have brick protection when messing around with IOS files.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
tweak201 said:
blink.gif
Don't listen to this guy.
If you don't have BootMii or Preloader on your Wii, and something in the installation goes wrong, you're pretty much screwed.

ALWAYS have brick protection when messing around with IOS files.

Right, you should install it only on a brick protected Wii.

I have installed v3.1 and everything is working like a charm, had ghostbusters working from day one, Indy too. In fact, this(and the hermes cIOS 222/ 223 37/ 36) is the reason why I am staying at cIOSCORP v3.1 as everything is working just perfect.

And, when you do everything right and do exactly what you should you will be fine with cIOSCORP.

When you have protected your Wii go ahead and do it!

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
xzxero said:
Deviyl said:
tweak201 said:
blink.gif
I'm hoping this was sarcasm.
im pretty sure it was.
Problem with the internet: difficult to tell between sarcasm and idiocy.
haha true that, we'll never know for sure until tweak201 lets us know for sure!

594rk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there much of a difference between the original cioscorp and the new one?

I installed the first cioscorp on my friend’s wii when it came out and I was wondering if I should update it?

If so, should I only add the missing ios from the original pack?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
594rk said:
Is there much of a difference between the original cioscorp and the new one?

I installed the first cioscorp on my friend’s wii when it came out and I was wondering if I should update it?

If so, should I only add the missing ios from the original pack?
aha this guy comes in with more questions after the topic starter just got getting flamed.

NintendoLover64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok seriously sorry for asking such a stupid question, i just wanted to make sure it was a good idea in genral
i will stick with backup launcher and USB Loader GX for now...... and don't worry about that tweak201 guy i already have bootmii installed and im not THAT much of a noob
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1