Gaming Should I get SSBB?

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I currently got $100 Dollars on my B'day (85 Bucks plus a 15 dollar gift card for EB Games) and I was wondering if SuperSmash Brothers Brawl was a reccomended game for me to get it is exactly 100 dollars and I have 100 Dollars to buy it with one of my friends have it and he thinks it's really good so should I buy it? Or really I should say should I atleast Try it? Thanks in return.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its worth it. But you're kind of behind lol. Still fun to play once in a while, applies to me only or few others : )

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you have at least one other person who will play it with you a lot, then yes, it's a sure thing to buy it. But if you're only going to be playing it alone then it may only give you a month or two of entertainment. But the game is probably the best multiplayer game on the Wii, but it does take some time to get really good at and appreciate. My buddy Hans and I get together about once a week still and play it for 4 or 5 hours at a time, but then again, we also played a lot of Melee and the 64 version.

The game is really easy to learn but will take months to get exceptionally good at, but that's where the multiplayer comes in to play, having good competition will make the game about 10x better than it is while just playing alone.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's good! I'm no fighting game expert, but it's fun! The Nintendo fetishism is kinda funny at first, then it gets creepy, then it made me stop playing, but given that you have a picture of Cloud in your avatar, you shouldn't have a problem with that!

Also, it's a fighting game. That you need human opponents to fully enjoy it goes without saying.

Forte Dante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maduin said:
As long as you have at least one other person who will play it with you a lot, then yes, it's a sure thing to buy it. But if you're only going to be playing it alone then it may only give you a month or two of entertainment. But the game is probably the best multiplayer game on the Wii, but it does take some time to get really good at and appreciate. My buddy Hans and I get together about once a week still and play it for 4 or 5 hours at a time, but then again, we also played a lot of Melee and the 64 version.

The game is really easy to learn but will take months to get exceptionally good at, but that's where the multiplayer comes in to play, having good competition will make the game about 10x better than it is while just playing alone.

Nah, Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the best multiplayer game on the Wii. That being said, me and my friends still get together semi-frequently and play both Brawl and Tatsu. I'd say buy it as long as you have other people to play it with.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wifi experience isn't very good, it's alright if you don't take it too seriously and don't mind the lag and the difficulty in finding frequent matches, but sitting next to a buddy is always the way to go with smash.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hell yeah you should get it! It's a LOT OF fun, and its quite funny too. I have it and i could almost say that its the best game i have ever played .
moogle.gif

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you dont have it?!?! GET IT! it is the best game on wii i highly recommend it

and by the way dont pay $100 for it i payed $75 the day it came out from Toys R Us if you want to buy it from EB Games then just match the price of another store

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sure. It's one of those games that, regardless of the DVD9 problems you may have with a softmod, you should get because it's just that good.

Or you can buy a modchip
smileipb2.png

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a very good game. And if your into old school nintendo, your in for a real treat. Tonnes of characters, heaps of nintendo music from games, heaps of nostaligia effects.

And yes, if you have a friend, its very much worth it to buy and play with him/her

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get it. It's really fun as a party game.

The game's extremely easy to pick up if you're a veteran. Even if you aren't, the game's not hard and its easy to catch up since the competitive scene isn't too far ahead.

I don't play it for 1 player though. To be honest, I finished like 5% of 1 player mode with my girl and stopped there.

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Get guilty gear. Best party game ever. Get your friends over and play Bridget, after they say that Bridget is a girl they would tap, tell them he's a boy

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
hksmrchan said:
No. Get guilty gear. Best party game ever. Get your friends over and play Bridget, after they say that Bridget is a girl they would tap, tell them he's a boy

If you're talking about guilty gear xx core then gawd! that is the worst game I have ever played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.