Should I get SSBB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by gokujr1000, Feb 15, 2009.

Feb 15, 2009

Should I get SSBB? by gokujr1000 at 9:26 PM (3,233 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. gokujr1000
    OP

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I currently got $100 Dollars on my B'day (85 Bucks plus a 15 dollar gift card for EB Games) and I was wondering if SuperSmash Brothers Brawl was a reccomended game for me to get it is exactly 100 dollars and I have 100 Dollars to buy it with one of my friends have it and he thinks it's really good so should I buy it? Or really I should say should I atleast Try it? Thanks in return.

2. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

Yes, buy it. Its a wonderful game!

3. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Its worth it. But you're kind of behind lol. Still fun to play once in a while, applies to me only or few others : )

4. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As long as you have at least one other person who will play it with you a lot, then yes, it's a sure thing to buy it. But if you're only going to be playing it alone then it may only give you a month or two of entertainment. But the game is probably the best multiplayer game on the Wii, but it does take some time to get really good at and appreciate. My buddy Hans and I get together about once a week still and play it for 4 or 5 hours at a time, but then again, we also played a lot of Melee and the 64 version.

The game is really easy to learn but will take months to get exceptionally good at, but that's where the multiplayer comes in to play, having good competition will make the game about 10x better than it is while just playing alone.

5. Louisiana

Member Louisiana GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it's good! I'm no fighting game expert, but it's fun! The Nintendo fetishism is kinda funny at first, then it gets creepy, then it made me stop playing, but given that you have a picture of Cloud in your avatar, you shouldn't have a problem with that!

Also, it's a fighting game. That you need human opponents to fully enjoy it goes without saying.

6. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Worth it. Its not the easiest game to pirate so go for it.

7. Forte Dante

Newcomer Forte Dante Member

Australia
    Nah, Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the best multiplayer game on the Wii. That being said, me and my friends still get together semi-frequently and play both Brawl and Tatsu. I'd say buy it as long as you have other people to play it with.

8. gokujr1000
    OP

Australia
    Well I have a person or 2 to play it with once and a while but barely anyone and they've never played the game before but I do have WiFi lol

9. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the wifi experience isn't very good, it's alright if you don't take it too seriously and don't mind the lag and the difficulty in finding frequent matches, but sitting next to a buddy is always the way to go with smash.

10. gokujr1000
    OP

Australia
    Hmm Okay I might just get 2-3 wii games with the 100 bucks instead of just one game I did get Twilight Princess also so that will occupy me for a while

11. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    Hell yeah you should get it! It's a LOT OF fun, and its quite funny too. I have it and i could almost say that its the best game i have ever played . [​IMG]

12. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    you dont have it?!?! GET IT! it is the best game on wii i highly recommend it

and by the way dont pay $100 for it i payed $75 the day it came out from Toys R Us if you want to buy it from EB Games then just match the price of another store

13. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Sure. It's one of those games that, regardless of the DVD9 problems you may have with a softmod, you should get because it's just that good.

Or you can buy a modchip [​IMG]

14. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Its a very good game. And if your into old school nintendo, your in for a real treat. Tonnes of characters, heaps of nintendo music from games, heaps of nostaligia effects.

And yes, if you have a friend, its very much worth it to buy and play with him/her

15. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Get it. It's really fun as a party game.

The game's extremely easy to pick up if you're a veteran. Even if you aren't, the game's not hard and its easy to catch up since the competitive scene isn't too far ahead.

I don't play it for 1 player though. To be honest, I finished like 5% of 1 player mode with my girl and stopped there.

16. hksmrchan

Member hksmrchan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No. Get guilty gear. Best party game ever. Get your friends over and play Bridget, after they say that Bridget is a girl they would tap, tell them he's a boy

17. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    But most of the time playing on Wi-Fi has more lag then the time I tried to play Crysis on my computer from 1997

18. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    If you're talking about guilty gear xx core then gawd! that is the worst game I have ever played.

19. hksmrchan

Member hksmrchan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How come? It was one of my favorites.

20. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    $100 for a game. [​IMG]
    Well regardless, duh, yes! It's smash bros for crying out loud!