OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys, I'm in a big dilemma now. I dont know whether I should get a PSP or not seeing as I already owned a DS. Just a few weeks ago I tried my hands on my colleagues' PSP and its like so fun.

I dont know what I should do..

xjuniorx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope dont get PSP...

i use to have psp but sold it to get ANOTHER ds lite

now i have 2

sure my psp had about 3000+ roms including psx gba gb gbc snes nes n64 (laggy only has super mario 64) psp and many others but

nah cuz psp is missing the best emulator NDS and they cant have a nds on psp due to touch

so go ahead and buy a new ds lite

: ]

dont buy psp
SUPPORT NINTENDO! lol

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xjuniorx said:
Nope dont get PSP...

i use to have psp but sold it to get ANOTHER ds lite

now i have 2

sure my psp had about 3000+ roms including psx gba gb gbc snes nes n64 (laggy only has super mario 64) psp and many others but

nah cuz psp is missing the best emulator NDS and they cant have a nds on psp due to touch

so go ahead and buy a new ds lite

: ]

dont buy psp
SUPPORT NINTENDO! lol
Wtf why the hell would you sell a psp to get a DS when you already have one?!

I bought a psp a couple of months ago and it's getting more use atm than the DS. There's lots of good games for it, practically the whole psx library, and plenty of emulators that work much better on the psp than on the ds.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a pandora battery and magic memory stick. I've owned it for over 3 months now. I'm waiting for the PSP to drop to $99. That's probably the only way I'd buy one new. I've definitely gotten my money's worth with my DS lite. I've probably played it more than all of my other systems combined (considering I can play it anywhere and everywhere).

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get a PSP if you can
It can emulate ton crap of consoles and has many great games
EDIT: oh, and you don't want a 2GB or less Memory Sticks .. trust me

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've said it a lot, and I'll say it again.... PSP + DS = the best handheld gaming experience known to man. The PSP has fewer good, original games than the DS, but it has tons of homebrew and emulation options, including PS1 games. Add this to the amazing library of the DS and you've got a winning combination.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got the money for it, I would give it a go. Just make sure to get a good deal on it. I got a low firmwared PSP (so I didn't need Pandora's Battery), and Metal Gear Acid all for $80 from a friend of mine. The PSP doesn't have an amazing catalog of games though, so you'll probably just be playing a few goodies and then let it gather dust. I got my PSP around the same time as my DS flash card, and have found that I use my DS about 3 times as much as my PSP.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
DS + PSP = awesome. The DS has all the good games for the system itself, while the PSP has the power for a whole slew of emulators. I've probably spent an equal amount of time between each system.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm another supporter of the PSP+DS winning ticket. I've had the DS for longer, yes, but I bought a PSP and modded it immediately, and now I'm looking to buy a second memory stick just for PSX games and probably emulators too, so my primary stick would be for the big games.

Yes, I play the systems at their own rates, but I enjoy them both. The people who honestly believe that one system is better than the other is truly missing out.

Edit: And to be honest...what's the point of buying a second system of the same thing you already have? Granted, I have an original-model DS and I think some of the new DS Lites look pretty nice, but I honestly don't see the point now. And mind you, I've had almost every Gameboy unit apart from the colored Gameboy, and GBASP. I'd have to flash the Lite, as I'm too stubborn to get a slot-1 card, and honestly...no thanks.

I'm happy with PSP+DS. =P

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was gonna get a PSP just for the PSX emulation but $150+ to get that set up just to be forced to use a semi small screen (blows DS's away)

But a modchipped PS1 or PS2 is still cheaper in many situations (modded psx's go for $30 or so on ebay)

Then you have to factor in CDR's though Best cdr's which is recommended cost more than dvdr's more than (talking about 52X Verbatim Gold reflective layer btw)

So to me i don't really need/want either

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack-Of-Trades said:
I was gonna get a PSP just for the PSX emulation but $150+ to get that set up just to be forced to use a semi small screen (blows DS's away)

But a modchipped PS1 or PS2 is still cheaper in many situations (modded psx's go for $30 or so on ebay)

Then you have to factor in CDR's though Best cdr's which is recommended cost more than dvdr's more than (talking about 52X Verbatim Gold reflective layer btw)

Dude, being able to play PS1 games in bed is like the best thing ever. Or even outside.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dio said:
Jack-Of-Trades said:

Dude, being able to play PS1 games in bed is like the best thing ever. Or even outside.
Don't forget while taking a dump.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
myuusmeow said:
Dio said:
Jack-Of-Trades said:

Don't forget while taking a dump.

i agree, especially harvest moon

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a hardcore Sony BASHER, but even I took the plunge and purchased a PSP last week
eek.gif
!! I got it mainly for the emulation goodies but some of the PSP games are actually quite good. Still love my DS but I'm beginning to feel the same about my PSP
blink.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy a PSP second hand, keep it for a month or two testing it for various factors. If its worth it to you, then keep it. If not, then sell it. If you have the money for it, then I dont know whats the dilemma...

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think that the psp is an awesome system. i just bought one recently and it is huge fun. the fact that you can play ps1 games on the go is awesome, and the fact that you can emulate a hell lot of systems on it makes its game library thousand times bigger that the ds's.
i like both systems, and i use them both frequently.
people should give the psp some time. i think that the psp's best games are still to come. so buy a psp if you have the money, because it is worth it.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want a PSP i say go for it, might as well get the new version, the old one is a bit harder to find i guess and it isn't very comfortable for long playing because its heavy and such.

the core game library for the PSP sucks theres allot of shovelware but not too much because its been plaguing the DS.

Homebrew and Emulation and *orgasms* Playstation one emulation makes a very good incentive to pick up one, PS1 emulation made me frantic for one.
installing homebrew is rather tricky but forums like these should make the process much easier for you, but beware it can get rather frustrating believe me.

the build of the PSP is rather WANK and the screen shatters easily from slight pressure or shock, because the screen often absorbs the shock of impact if dropped so you might want a casing that protects it properly.

theres a few good games on the PSP which i know off the top of my head

Ridge Racer 1 and 2
Killzone (average)
Ape Escape on the loose (GETTIT)
Tekken DR
Loco roco
Medieval ressurection (that game on the PS1 is a classic this remake is worthwhile)
Daxter (warning gets repeatetive tho)
Ratcher and Clank Size matters (controls arent as good as on the Playstation consoles)

i can't think of any more for the time being, but the PSP really does shine in that games are mostly very cheap especially the platinum range.

UMD's are kinda brittle so take care of them, and when you do get homebrew installed i don't recommend downloading PSP games because sooner or later newer ones go down in price and it makes more sense to keep the space reserved for PS1 game roms

Multimedia playback is excellent and pisses on anything Moonshell on DS can do, and thats the honest truth........
PSP is a better multimedia player DS is a better gaming handheld nuff said
theres a good program for turning just about any movie format into MP4 for the PSP called PQDVD and it can convert entire movies into MP4 files off a DVD disc itself.

so you just pop in the DVD convert a movie file into MP4 then take out the DVD and put the MP4 onto your PSP and it plays back fine! excellent media.

I reccomend the PSP for people who travel allot and want more graphics over gameplay, but it doen't have a very good core game library its rather wank the DS has a better games library as in better games for being out and about and the DS has better platformers.

PSP is worthwhile with Homebrew.
but since you already have a DS i don't see what you have to lose by trying one.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
oh yes i almost forgot battery life.

well i'm not sure what the situation is for the PSP lite right now, but i do know the old PSP's battery will give you about 6 hours if you switch off Wifi and keep the backlight on level 1

and depends on what game your playing too, one that doesn't need to read from the UMD very often will conserve allot of battery power, it's a good idea to get a replacement PSP battery that lasts up to 12 hours on power save, and keep the one that came with the PSP as a spare.

the PSP has an obnoxiously inconsistant power timer sometimes.

but all in all i don't think anything beats the Gameboy advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...