Should I get a PS4?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jiehfeng, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    I already have a lot of games on my list which I want to play on the PS4, but sadly don't have enough cash for everything. How's the PS4 hacking scene? I don't understand the threads here, using different terms I haven't heard of. How long till a promising hack?

2. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    regarding your questoin to the hax -it will probably take another year or two , no idea really.

but hopefully much sooner than that.

and as in whether you should get it or not, if you have even a single game that you'd love to play on the ps4 then by all means get one.

and if i were you i would get the ps4 pro over the regular version.
    it will be more future proof.

plus the ps4 is a beast, so save up some more cash and get the beastly console my dude.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  3. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    You might as well get the PS4 Pro if you didn't get the PS4 yet. You don't need to. If you have a really nice TV that supports 4k then you could get the PS4 Pro. Or if you want a faster PS4 in general you could. Personally I think its a waste of money for the PS4 Pro.

Last edited by Zero72463, Nov 8, 2016
    iVcU, ManuelKoegler and Jiehfeng like this.
  4. kevin corms

kevin corms Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Ya get a pro, for 100 more it has twice the storage and over twice the power. Games that have recently came out use some of the pros extra power, a few are much better... but going forward it seems gaming will be much better on the pro. You don't even need a 4k tv to appreciate the better framerate and higher quality graphics many games already have and many more are getting.

Last edited by kevin corms, Nov 9, 2016
    ManuelKoegler likes this.
  5. Master-Killua

Master-Killua GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Peru
    In you case I'd get a PC instead of a PS4. But if you want PS4 games (Uncharted, TLOU...), then wait.