jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

Yesterday I went on YouTube and watched some PS3 trailers for games, and it was totally SICK!!!

I've got a Playstation 2 though, and I was just wondering if it's worth the money to get a PS3 or just stick with my PS2.

Or...I could wait for PS4 to come out (If there is going to be one). Right now I'm tossing between the 'waiting for new console' idea, or just going ahead and buying a PS3 for Christmas.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks,
Jandy999

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you have a hd television> if you like your ps2 go for it becasue its has grea games just like ps2 but it more enjoyable if you have an hd television

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
do you have a hd television> if you like your ps2 go for it becasue its has grea games just like ps2 but it more enjoyable if you have an hd television
I don't think I do. Is it just a slight difference though? yeah...PS3 games look pretty awesome online, especially the graphics of the games. And do multiplayer online games lag much? LOTRC lags so much on the computer, and my broadband is pretty fast.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you have a good conection then there should be no lag! its AWESOME! go for it
happy.gif

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Build a PC. I did and I never went back to consoles.

I do, however, have a PS2 that I got when I was 9 years old. I still sometimes play it to relive the old days (Jak and Daxter ftw!!). I am currently in the process of installing my PS2 in my car. I just need money to buy a head unit with an AV input...

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RebelX said:
Build a PC. I did and I never went back to consoles.

I do, however, have a PS2 that I got when I was 9 years old. I still sometimes play it to relive the old days (Jak and Daxter ftw!!). I am currently in the process of installing my PS2 in my car. I just need money to buy a head unit with an AV input...
Wow awesome dude! PS2 in a car...
Anywayz...sounds like a PS3 is good. Building a PC...would it cost more? I've got an ATI Radeon (I think) something something video card. But yeah...I'm most probably getting a PS3.

And do ps3 slims have wi-fi or internet cable? I'd rather have an internet cable, cuz wi-fi would be slow for online games
EDIT: With SICK GRAPHICS!!!

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about that but I have Wi-Fi and it works perfect. No lag at All. unless if the other dudes connection is bad lol

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well not the best since no one has hack it yet so you cant pirate games of it. but if you don't care about that, then I will say yes. the graphics are SICK if you have a good HDTV.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you're playing Tekken 6 then you won't be happy playing online be it PSN or Live, unless you find a person who's like a walking or cycling distance away from you AND using a ISP that's very compatible to yours.
Games like Soul Calibur 4 aren't as bad but I can only pull off like 1/10 of Impacts I do against my friends offline because of lag.

But games like Gundam Senki, I had absolutely no problem with lag even when I join Asian rooms. Vancouver and Hong Kong are almost on the opposite side of the globe (more extreme opposite side would be somewhere in west Australia)

I used to use wireless but changed to cable because it makes lag even less significant (except tournament class Fighting games where every frame is oh so important).

quick edit: it looks like Tekken 6 has a scheduled update to fix (I was gonna say "improve" but "fix" seems more appropriate) online play.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CoD for sureeee. If you get a PS3 without getting CoD then its a waste of PS3 lol
also little Big planet is Fun
laugh.gif
Its getting kind of Old tho. Maybe now you can find it cheaper
wink.gif

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend has a phat ps3, and he just gets rentals...1AUD on cheap tuesdays! lol... but yehh...the cod trailer got me into PS3 last night...and also battlefield bc2. what are good new ones that are coming out?

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i do a agree that the ps3 rocks but really in my opinion the 360 trumps it, it has a better games catalog you have to pay for online but the online on the 360 pwns the ps3 so it equals out, and the RROD is a good thing sure it might break and you'll lose it for a week to get repaired but because of RROD microsoft has extended the warranty on all 360's to 3 years so if my 360 breaks after 2 years im covered but the ps3 only has a 1 year basic manufacturers warranty besides, when microsoft take it for repairs they fit it with the newest disc drive
biggrin.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well The New CoD is coming out in 3days then I don't know when but God OF War III and also Final Fantasy XIII. Theres BUNCH of Good Games!you won't regret buying it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 SUX
PS3 HAZ NO GAEMZ
It's a good console with a decent library of games. To be honest, even with the 14 games I have for the PS3 (More than half are exclusives) theres nothing really impressive, besides Demons souls and Uncharted 2 (I play Blazblue and Tekken 6 far more than those though). The online service is decent, but still lacking in a few areas. But then again, it's hard to complain especially when it's free. It has a promising future, with games like GoW collection, GoW 3, Last Guardian, a bunch of JRPGs, MAG, etc. It finally started getting good games, and I think it's a good time to buy it. Oh, and one major "disadvantage" of the PS3 is that you can't pirate the games. For me, I've always bought games for any home consoles, so doesn't really bother me. However, if you're the type that does care, go with the 360.
PS3 SUX
PS3 HAZ NO GAEMZ

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
Well The New CoD is coming out in 3days then I don't know when but God OF War III and also Final Fantasy XIII. Theres BUNCH of Good Games!you won't regret buying it.
The reason I'm siding with ps3 is cuz my friend has one. But also...did COD: MW2 put out a beta only for playstation users? I heard it on the trailer yesterday lol. And...the only thing im worried about is if the online modes are crappy. Does the slim had an internet cable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off