Hacking Should I get a Gateway now?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP: Also relevant, right at the top of this board is a thread with this title: "Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features (3/7/14)"

I think that answers all of the questions you had, and negated the need for the creation of yet another thread with a dedicated sticky. Check it out yourself, and make sure you at least look over the stickies before creating a thread. They're not that hard to find ;)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/comparison-of-3ds-flash-carts-features-3-7-14.358243/

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didnt elaborate enough on my first post I guess but if you absolutely cannot wait to have a card I think MT-card is the better choice at this present moment. I personally would recommend you wait a few weeks and let the dust settle before making a decision though. Gateway may come through (I personally believe they wont) and it might be the best option or they may not which will leave MT as the better choice.

Buy Gateway this second = No
Should you wait to decide which = Yes

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have been saying to wait a while before making a decision. Well whenever something like this comes up people have been saying the same thing. If a few weeks ago people were telling others to wait a few weeks before deciding then what would you do now? People are still saying to wait a few weeks before deciding, if gateway never comes out with their firmware it'll be an endless cycle.

Its a tough decision. With mt card you know you will get multi ROM. With gateway you are only hoping they they will release it eventually (with a number of improvements though)

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm in the same boat. Wanted to buy a GW end of the year when FW 2.0 would come out. Still hasn't happened, not sure it ever will. Luckily I'm in no hurry. I still have a ton of DS games I want to play.

Reactions: Loko4

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should ask yourself whether you want multirom with a button or multirom with a menu. Gateway's 2.0 will come out eventually. If you want the menu, then you might as well get it now so you can play some games while you wait. If you are okay with the button version, then just get the Mt-Card. In my opinion, unless you're really short on money, the worse thing to do it wait. :P

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do whatever suits you the most. Half of users replying here are butthurt over Gateway so you will hardly get a neutral point of view.

a neutral point of view>>> if you want multirom and must have it now? and dont care whether its a clone or if there will be future support then get the mt card
if you want a chance of there ever being more support? get a gateway yeah they seem to be dragging people out but im sure right now they are trying to find a way to keep clone carts from copying their software for their card honestly theres no way knowing what gateway will do in the next month or 2 all we know is they are giving excuses ill be honest i cant justify buying an 80$ card like i did before realizing the possibility of them running off a neutral point of view would be... get what suits you if you cant wait.. again get the mt cart if u can wait then wait..dont buy either one just yet see what happens with gateway they are infact the reason we even have flash carts in the first place

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your main concern is the risk if bricking, your best bet is to use Gateway in 2.0b1 mode.
b1 is horrible in it's own way. It is pretty reliable in crashing when exiting a game, making you lose all your progress and old saves, which is pretty soul-sapping and actually made me put my 3ds away until b2 came out. If you're not willing to chance it with b2, then play some older games on 1.2.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If you want a card that does everything the Gateway does, lacks the chance of destroying your console, and has Multi-ROM support, buy a MT-Card.

I don't recommend a Gateway card right now. In the future, if it's proven safe, and they can tell the truth, I'll gladly change my mind. But right now, it's far from worth buying one, at least compared to the competitor.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why people doubt about the 2.0 final release? Gateway team did many things and since their first announcement of the Gateway flashcard, people started claiming it was fake.
Is it conffirmed that the brick comes from team gateway as a code to brick?
I just got a 4.5 and bought a gateway yesterday!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why people doubt about the 2.0 final release? Gateway team did many things and since their first announcement of the Gateway flashcard, people started claiming it was fake.
Is it conffirmed that the brick comes from team gateway as a code to brick?
I just got a 4.5 and bought a gateway yesterday!
gateway messed up with the b2 firmware, whether the code that does indeed exist was meant to specifically brick clones or not cant really be 100% proven, they did mention that they where developing a technique to prevent accidental updates, which could lead to bricking.....whether this code was one and the same, or it was indeed designed to purposely brick consoles, nobody really knows except gateway, anyone claiming to know is just assuming

yes the code does exist, and yes it is dangerous....as to why, your guess is as good as anyone's it does look bad but then so would a person standing over a body with a knife in their hand.......fact is you don't know the reasons so you cant say for certain how or why it happened. they might indeed be a big nasty evil murderer, or they where simply cutting their cake and slipped

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway messed up with the b2 firmware, whether the code that does indeed exist was meant to specifically brick clones or not cant really be 100% proven, they did mention that they where developing a technique to prevent accidental updates, which could lead to bricking.....whether this code was one and the same, or it was indeed designed to purposely brick consoles, nobody really knows except gateway, anyone claiming to know is just assuming

yes the code does exist, and yes it is dangerous....as to why, your guess is as good as anyone's it does look bad but then so would a person standing over a body with a knife in their hand.......fact is you don't know the reasons so you cant say for certain how or why it happened. they might indeed be a big nasty evil murderer, or they where simply cutting their cake and slipped

the cake is a lie ;) i just wanted to kill that biatch no but seriously why are people having super doubts in gateway when you cant truly say whether or not they will come through they did release a teaser video of multirom around half a month ago... thats proof they have atleast been doing something with their time and 2.0f im neutral at this point i bought the cart for its current features of being able to play all but 3 or so games on the market dont care about multirom too bad..if it comes out yeah thats kick ass the way they are doing it...but if it doesnt i wont cry about it..someday we could have multirom in another fashion as in 1 rom with many implemented into one image especially now that people have been decrypting roms someday there will probably be an application that can take a list of roms you have downloaded and make them into a single rom with a list of games if not..again im not so butthurt over it im good with just 1 game at a time... fyi YOSHIS NEW ISLAND IS WORTH THE PLAY ive beaten it and it was a greatttt game =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse