Hardware Should i buy a ps4?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello there. I never owned a Sony console. What's it like to have a ps4?
Do they only have mature and violent games? Are rhere games like dragon quest and other rpgs.
What about platformers? Whats a game that looks simmilar to mario series.

I love kingdom hearts and thats the reason i want to buy a ps4

But i always have been a nintendo guy and i'm new to this. Idk what to do.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey there! So it's really hard to say one way or another whether or not you should get one, because it's ultimately up to you and your tastes. I would say that it's a great value personally and one that I would recommend if you have the finances and desire.

Do they only have mature and violent games? Are rhere games like dragon quest and other rpgs.
The PS4 has much more than mature and violent games. Yes, it has its fair share of them, but the console is not limited to them. In fact, most of my favorite games are rated T or below (and you can check them out by clicking my signature). On the system you can find anything ranging from children games like Disney Infinity to mature ones like Grand Theft Auto 5. There's a bigger selection of games for PS4 than X1, Wii U, or Switch (not disparaging those consoles, I'm just talking numbers). So in short, there is something for every type of gamer on PS4.

What about platformers? Whats a game that looks simmilar to mario series.
There are many platformers that give a Mario feeling to me. Some of them that come to mind include the LittleBigPlanet series (exclusive to Sony), Dust: An Elysian Tale, Shovel Knight, and more. There are also more open world platformers that you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't try like Uncharted/The last of Us (however those games are very mature), Tearaway Unfolded, and Ratchet & Clank. All of those listed are exclusive to the PS4. In the future we'll be getting more remakes of older PS2 platformer titles such as Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot. Yooka Laylee was just released as well which is a collectathon much like Super Mario 64.

I love kingdom hearts and thats the reason i want to buy a ps4

But i always have been a nintendo guy and i'm new to this. Idk what to do.
Same! I was literally in the same boat as you before I got my PS4 in November of 2014. After the PS2/Gamecube era I got a Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, totally ignoring the PS3/360/PS4/X1. I finally got the PS4 solely because I wanted to play KH3 on it. Similarly, I then bought a PS3 a few months back solely to play 1.5 and 2.5 (this was before they were announced for PS4 lol). I don't regret my decision for either purchase as I've had so much fun out of the systems. I enjoy both cartoony/silly and mature/serious games and this system has all that I want.

In fact, I don't even mind that piracy is unavailable for the PS4 as I've been legitimately having more fun with the games that I pay for than I have with the Nintendo games that I pirated. I'm not saying that you'll have the same experience, I'm just sharing my own. I think that the system is a good value and I hope that this post helped you get a little closer to making a decision. :)

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! So it's really hard to say one way or another whether or not you should get one, because it's ultimately up to you and your tastes. I would say that it's a great value personally and one that I would recommend if you have the finances and desire.

The PS4 has much more than mature and violent games. Yes, it has its fair share of them, but the console is not limited to them. In fact, most of my favorite games are rated T or below (and you can check them out by clicking my signature). On the system you can find anything ranging from children games like Disney Infinity to mature ones like Grand Theft Auto 5. There's a bigger selection of games for PS4 than X1, Wii U, or Switch (not disparaging those consoles, I'm just talking numbers). So in short, there is something for every type of gamer on PS4.

There are many platformers that give a Mario feeling to me. Some of them that come to mind include the LittleBigPlanet series (exclusive to Sony), Dust: An Elysian Tale, Shovel Knight, and more. There are also more open world platformers that you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't try like Uncharted/The last of Us (however those games are very mature), Tearaway Unfolded, and Ratchet & Clank. All of those listed are exclusive to the PS4. In the future we'll be getting more remakes of older PS2 platformer titles such as Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot. Yooka Laylee was just released as well which is a collectathon much like Super Mario 64.

Same! I was literally in the same boat as you before I got my PS4 in November of 2014. After the PS2/Gamecube era I got a Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, totally ignoring the PS3/360/PS4/X1. I finally got the PS4 solely because I wanted to play KH3 on it. Similarly, I then bought a PS3 a few months back solely to play 1.5 and 2.5 (this was before they were announced for PS4 lol). I don't regret my decision for either purchase as I've had so much fun out of the systems. I enjoy both cartoony/silly and mature/serious games and this system has all that I want.

In fact, I don't even mind that piracy is unavailable for the PS4 as I've been legitimately having more fun with the games that I pay for than I have with the Nintendo games that I pirated. I'm not saying that you'll have the same experience, I'm just sharing my own. I think that the system is a good value and I hope that this post helped you get a little closer to making a decision. :)
You did a fantastic job explaining him what he could expect on ps4. It is basicaly what i think about ps4 too. I'm having more fun with it than i ever did with my wii u.

The ps4 has a huge game library and if you are a fan of rpgs or japanese games you can be sure you will find lots of them there.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Thanks!! I will get one and will buy my games too! How much euros or dollars are KH3 and no mans sky

And btw a new 4.06 kernel explpit came

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Even though I don't care for Sony the Ps4 is a solid system with a good library. If I was to buy one I would go for the pro right off the bat so you can enjoy the best Sony offers.

Reactions: NoNAND

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's an amazing time to buy a PS4. I'm a PC/PS4 guy and the quality of games on the PS4 is fantastic. 2017 has had so many quality games already.

Nier Automata and Persona 5 are recent JRPGs and both are superb games. Bloodborne is an amazing game (backed up by Dark Souls on the system. Horizon, Yakuza 0 and Nioh have had fantastic receptions(haven't played these yet but want to).

That's not taking into account games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Gravity Rush games, Until Dawn. The PS4 is easily the strongest console for software at the moment.

btw buy Persona 5.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Even though I don't care for Sony the Ps4 is a solid system with a good library. If I was to buy one I would go for the pro right off the bat so you can enjoy the best Sony offers.
I share these sentiments, provided that @NoNAND has the extra money to spend on it. On a budget, he can't go wrong with getting the original or slim on a decent sale and use the saved money to either buy some games, an extra controller, a larger HDD/SSD, etc. But yeah with the money to spare, the pro is a good system to go for.

Thanks!! I will get one and will buy my games too! How much euros or dollars are KH3 and no mans sky

And btw a new 4.06 kernel explpit came
KH3 isn't released yet, but I'm sure the preorder is a standard $60. If I were you I wouldn't preorder it, just because then you get to keep the cash until it's finally released. In the meantime there's still 1.5/2.5 and 2.8 to keep you occupied. In addition there's several Final Fantasy games on PS4 as well, including PS2 classics; remasters of 10, 12, and later 7; 14, the MMO; and 15. If you're a Pokemon fan and looking into a more gritty and story driven (and all around better) Pokemon TYPE game (though that's a verrrry basic way of putting it) you might also want to look at Persona 5. From what I understand, you don't need to know anything about the series to enjoy 5. Oh and you mentioned No Man's Sky. Reviews on it are negative but that might be a good thing if you don't care, because that means that the price of the game has been dropping. I don't know the current price, but certainly don't buy it at retail. Also you should check out http://reddit.com/r/ps4deals for some of the best deals for both the console and games.

And yeah, there's that exploit for 4.07 and it'll be up to you if you want to keep your system there or not. All current models of PS4 (except for some Japanese ones IIRC) come with 4.07 or below so you'll be good if you buy it now. On the downside, you can't play online, interact with friends, use remote play (IIRC), sync trophies, and obviously utilize PS+ features if you aren't updated. If that makes a difference to you, then you might want to consider updating it regardless (I did). Besides, nothing usable for the common user is out yet anyway. It's up to you if you want to wait. In fact, that's another reason you might want to consider the original PS4 instead of the Pro, because you might want to have 2 systems, one updated and one not. I'm just rambling things as I think of them at this point so I'll just stop typing, ha.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@Ericzander thank you so much for explaining alot of stuff ^^
Of course ill not get the Pro edition because i don't have a 4K tv.
But is slim better than the original model?

Btw are you thay guy youtube who made a coldboot tutorial for rxtools 1 year ago?????

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
@Ericzander thank you so much for explaining alot of stuff ^^
Of course ill not get the Pro edition because i don't have a 4K tv.
But is slim better than the original model?

Btw are you thay guy youtube who made a coldboot tutorial for rxtools 1 year ago?????
Heyyyyy I got recognition! Yeah that was me, haha.

There's not a big difference between the slim and the original. At retail they're both the same price so you might as well get the slim one.

Reactions: NoNAND

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 4.0X kernel exploit is still private.
4.50 is also exploited but lacks a userland exploit.

Backup loaders won't surface for a long time yet.

I'd say go for it.
PS4 is a fuck ugly but fantastic system!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
get it , you'll love it.
the ps4 is a great console.

it has tons of good games (not just the violent ones you speak of).
there is a new KH coming for ps4 , and DQ11 <3 and there are many other great jrpgs on it.

Disgaea 5/DQHeroes (action like rpg i'd say?)/DQH2/DQBuilders/FF15/Persona5 !/forgot to add this one Tales of Berseria!! and more ,and more to come.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr