ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

mathyuowns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
shlong said:
How is my order still stuck in Beijing International Airport?
sad.gif

It sliped into another person's bag

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
shlong said:
How is my order still stuck in Beijing International Airport?
sad.gif
don't worry it is the last message you can get with the tracking of china post, your order should left china, you will receive it soon

For my case i still wait the shipping of my order, status is still "awaiting fulfilment" i paid with my store credit (bought SD 2go kingstone, and nintendo ds pouch), costello ?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
exangel said:
Bloodlust said:
Silent Storm said:
If it helps my package arrived this morning.

Yours got shipped on the 21st right? Mine was supposed to be shipped on the 16th and I am still waiting for it!

I have filed a claim with paypal as I believe the package might be lost or something went wrong.. this sucks!

If you really are in Hong Kong there probably is a problem (perhaps with confiscation by customs inspectors), but less than a month has passed and if you're really somewhere in the west you shouldn't be so bent out of shape with a free shipping international package. If you know that the item has cleared customs you should try tracking it in your own country. Also, if you purchased expedited shipping you should have access to detailed tracking about the package.

When I ordered my iPlayer during the late spring/early summer there weren't any holidays going on that would have affected the delivery of my package, shipped from Shenzhen, China to Tucson, Arizona, but it still took a month. They did say it'd probably be a minimum of 14 days. It was not Shoptemp that I ordered from (that time), though.

PayPal is a shitty company that isn't even a Bank and has a reputation for screwing over clients, in many cases with no clear benefit to any one in the transaction except for PayPal's motives to earn interest on the money themselves while it is locked by their "policy abiding" investigations... because they do invest earn interest on your money unless you withdraw it to your bank account or spend it. They have also outright stolen amounts of money from people when both parties had a happy and successful, completely harmonious (legal, authorized by PayPal TOS, and documented) transaction.
They operate this way because they are so influential they expect people to give up pursuit of any court action against them, and most do. It is a bit of trouble in most places to hire a legal advocate or attorney and file legal claims against PayPal in order to recover money, and knowing this, they stomp on people.

Opening a dispute about a transaction with PayPal that you know is involved with someone whose account that was already locked will probably get you nowhere, and if you are issued a refund and wind up receiving the product, the sellers have no way of recovering that money they were owed. (If their account is totally locked down, the seller may not even be able to participate at all in the dispute resolution.)

If I receive the package I will off course cancel my paypal dispute. My item is not the region of hundreds or thousands and I am not so cheap to con shoptemp of their money over a $20 item and get myself blacklisted by PP if they ever found out. Besides it will take up to 30 days for an outcome. By that time if I ever get it I will close the case..

And I'm not based in HK, so there...

One more thing, to those who say HK postal sucks that's not true. My friend ordered a few psbreak dongles from dealextreme which dispatches via HK registered airmail. It CAME within 3 weeks+ and that was even after 1 week he placed an order after mine. And I did get updated from paypal that the seller was contacted. Whatever shoptemp problems has is NOT my problem.

Lastly, I don't give a damn how shitty you claim PP is. To me, it is an alternative channel of hope to get my money back.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
Silent Storm said:

Yours got shipped on the 21st right? Mine was supposed to be shipped on the 16th and I am still waiting for it!

I have filed a claim with paypal as I believe the package might be lost or something went wrong.. this sucks!

Dude, you have to wait 8 weeks before you can request a refund or whatever. It even says on the site it could take up to 8 weeks.

And besides, you ordered during the Holiday season, shit at post offices is probably backed up so bad.

What you are saying is a joke. If their account wasn't frozen, I'll gladly wait 8 weeks before filing a claim with them (shoptemp)

Since they can't issue refunds, it's only logical that I go thru PP now..

Besides, it's their own fault for thinking HK registered mail sucks, as my friend ordered some dongles from dealexteme and it already arrived last weekend. And that was even 1 week after he placed an order after mine.. FYI, dealextreme is using HK postal (AFAIK, as their site claims)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
Silent Storm said:

Dude, you have to wait 8 weeks before you can request a refund or whatever. It even says on the site it could take up to 8 weeks.

And besides, you ordered during the Holiday season, shit at post offices is probably backed up so bad.

What you are saying is a joke. If their account wasn't frozen, I'll gladly wait 8 weeks before filing a claim with them (shoptemp)

Since they can't issue refunds, it's only logical that I go thru PP now..

Besides, it's their own fault for thinking HK registered mail sucks, as my friend ordered some dongles from dealexteme and it already arrived last weekend. And that was even 1 week after he placed an order after mine.. FYI, dealextreme is using HK postal (AFAIK, as their site claims)

So let me get this straight.

GBAtemp: "you can try contacting PayPal..."

You: "I ordered a product off of a website that was selling illegal items."
PP: "Yeah, we shut their service down and froze their account."
You: "It says my order could take up to 8 weeks before I receive it. I'm contacting you now just in case."
PP: "We don't give refunds, that's up to them and you. And why are you contacting us now?"
You: "Just in case I don't get my order within the 8 weeks. It's only been around a month or so."
PP: "Riiiiiiight. Bye."

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you're doing it wrong

"You: paypal you stupid piece of shit company, i made a payment on that site and i need a refund, unlock their account now!!!"
"PP: hm ok you're like the 10th customer asking us. maybe we can do something about it after all, like allowing them to send refunds."

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would that even work, wouldn't PayPal think

"If we open their account to give refunds, they're just going to take all their money."

Unless PayPal has something set up [i'm so inexperienced with paypal as you can tell]

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Paypal especially wouldn't open up their account if someone was using that kind of language
tongue.gif

We all know why they stopped being their service, as these carts are illegal in many countries. I wish they would still support the site though, as its the only online payment service I ever use. Hopefully this "Shoptemp V2" will have some uber-stellar payment service that won't chicken out on us.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Silent Storm said:
when did you order yours?
i ordered mine on the 14th nov, it got shipped on the 15th. still waiting on it.
When i tracked it, it said its still in shenzhen transit.
cry.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oveneise said:
Paypal especially wouldn't open up their account if someone was using that kind of language
tongue.gif

We all know why they stopped being their service, as these carts are illegal in many countries. I wish they would still support the site though, as its the only online payment service I ever use. Hopefully this "Shoptemp V2" will have some uber-stellar payment service that won't chicken out on us.

It probably won't have flashcards again, probably some other catalog to browse.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Oveneise said:
tongue.gif

It probably won't have flashcards again, probably some other catalog to browse.

Who's up for some scarves and that snake bracelet AW likes?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ShadowSoldier said:
Would that even work, wouldn't PayPal think

"If we open their account to give refunds, they're just going to take all their money."

Unless PayPal has something set up [i'm so inexperienced with paypal as you can tell]

they enable functionalities one by one.
for some reason they have blocked EVERYTHING on the shoptemp account, even refunds are blocked.
so yeah they can enable refunds without completely unlockign the account.
first time they blocked it, a while ago, refunds were allowed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM