Shop Channel reboots my Wii...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mistle, Sep 13, 2009.

Sep 13, 2009

Shop Channel reboots my Wii... by Mistle at 1:02 AM (1,157 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Mistle
    OP

Newcomer Mistle Member

Australia
    I just upgraded to 4.1. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried opening the Shop Channel, which resulted in the Wii rebooting back to the system menu.
    I've done some searches and came to the result that I need to use "Dop-IOS" to download "IOS61". However, I could do with some extra information on how to do this safely...

So can anybody confirm that this is correct, and will not screw my Wii up? I don't have a SD card big enough to do a NAND backup, so i really have to be 100% sure before i go ahead with this.

Thanks! =D

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Installing IOS61 will not screw up your Wii. Worst case scenario, you'll have to reinstall it.

3. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    the extra information youre looking for is in a file called.... take a wild guess.... README

4. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    DoP-IOS is EXACTLY what you need. The program really won't let you mess with anything that could brick your wii (like stub IOSs). Basically go through everything and install the latest ver sion with patches if you don't already have the latest version (the program tells you what version you have and what the latest is.. it's really a no-brainer.

5. cocacolam

Newcomer cocacolam Newbie

Indonesia
    thanks guys, i had the very same problem here. the wii shop channel works fine after i get the ios61 with DoP-IOS.

6. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    just use the shop channel 60/61 patcher by Tona. Run and done.