ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any idea how using accounts you got banned on works on other consoles?
I've got a second switch, not hacked, but would hate to have that one completely banned due to having the account that the hacking was done on, on my other Switch.
I got the superban only on my unpatched console, but on my OLED I can enter eShop just fine (it has the account logged on).

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the superban only on my unpatched console, but on my OLED I can enter eShop just fine (it has the account logged on).
Ah okay. Yeah on my non-hacked I can still use the account for everything just fine. I mean, does Nintendo have any history with banning clean system that has a synched account that caused a ban on a previous/other console? I'd still like to consider using that account on my clean Switch since it's my main ACNH profile on there.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ah okay. Yeah on my non-hacked I can still use the account for everything just fine. I mean, does Nintendo have any history with banning clean system that has a synched account that caused a ban on a previous/other console? I'd still like to consider using that account on my clean Switch since it's my main ACNH profile on there.
Not to my knowledge (Splat2 banned account on my OLED working fine after years) but they seem to have new ban policies (system-wide ban versus game-only ban) so I would expect anything

Last edited by Taishiro,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not to my knowledge (Splat2 banned account on my OLED working fine after years) but they seem to have new ban policies (system-wide ban versus game-only ban) so I would expect anything
They did say they were going to be harder against cheaters. I guess they didn't lie

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok my oled (non hacked but i still got account banned since i used cloud saves after using shiverbot) is not console banned yet but im ready for it. transferred al my data to a backup switch like pokemon etc so i can transfer it back to a new clean oled when i buy it. this is all deserved tho tbh, play stupid games and win stupid prizes. thanks for all the updates and heads up guys

guess we really fucked around and found out huh lol

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok my oled (non hacked but i still got account banned since i used cloud saves after using shiverbot) is not console banned yet but im ready for it. transferred al my data to a backup switch like pokemon etc so i can transfer it back to a new clean oled when i buy it. this is all deserved tho tbh, play stupid games and win stupid prizes. thanks for all the updates and heads up guys

guess we really fucked around and found out huh lol

Definitely got clapped pretty good. I'm now wondering if they're going to crack down as hard with the new Pokemon games and pkex/save editing.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely got clapped pretty good. I'm now wondering if they're going to crack down as hard with the new Pokemon games and pkex/save editing.
yeah i hope not but we’ll see. i think we should only be REALLY weary if the game basically requires an internet connection to run. (like splatoon 3) that game is constantly sending data to nintendo but any other game i think we should be fine for the most part

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well im going on ebay or something to search for a friendly serial number switch, once i'll get it i'll create a new profile, hack it and then i'll use JKSV to bring back all my saves from the banned switch ( except splat3 ofc )

But for those who already have a second and unbanned switch, please keep us updated if a ban eventually comes, let's hope not

On my original account i have different games bought from the eshop :(

Worried that if i bring my og account to the new switch i'll get the ban again, so for now i won't do it and i'll just bring saves over in the new account

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assuming the “temporary” in the error code is bullshit right? someone call customer support lol
calling customer support wont do anything besides waste time. they can't control a ban or tell you more details about what happened

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well im going on ebay or something to search for a friendly serial number switch, once i'll get it i'll create a new profile, hack it and then i'll use JKSV to bring back all my saves from the banned switch ( except splat3 ofc )

But for those who already have a second and unbanned switch, please keep us updated if a ban eventually comes, let's hope not

On my original account i have different games bought from the eshop :(

Worried that if i bring my og account to the new switch i'll get the ban again, so for now i won't do it and i'll just bring saves over in the new account
Playing right now with a different account on my OLED switch. Already reached S+ haha.
Banned acc is still logged on in my OLED and (curiously) it's my primary console, yet the other one was banned (I'm assuming because the cheating and telemetry was sent from the hackable console). I'll let you know if it gets banned, though I have hope :)

I understand your feeling because I also have bought games and had like 7 months of online subscription left (expansion one, with N64 games). Nintendo really went hard this time :P

Edit:
Adding to the discussion, yeah. We got what we deserved for breaking the ToS, legally.
It still feels a tad unfair for only changing the amount of something that is essentially harmless, but lesson learned. This game has serious anti-cheating, even more than Splatoon 2.

Last edited by Taishiro,

Chipus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing right now with a different account on my OLED switch. Already reached S+ haha.
Banned acc is still logged on in my OLED and (curiously) it's my primary console, yet the other one was banned (I'm assuming because the cheating and telemetry was sent from the hackable console). I'll let you know if it gets banned, though I have hope :)

I understand your feeling because I also have bought games and had like 7 months of online subscription left (expansion one, with N64 games). Nintendo really went hard this time :P
Should I Unlink the nintendo account from the oled to ensure the hacked switch gets consle ban. Afterwards add it back to the oled?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Should I Unlink the nintendo account from the oled to ensure the hacked switch gets consle ban. Afterwards add it back to the oled?
I have no idea. I never unlinked the user from either consoles and we don't know if the ban will continue escalating to every console you're logged in. My hope is that it won't, but no one can really answer that unless it's Nintendo themselves.

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah it's our own fault

lesson learned :tpi:

I just bought a used switch on ebay, got it for a good price

If anybody else is looking to buy one too, tip:
search for "nintendo switch tablet" only
People are selling only that, without dock, box, joycons etc, so its cheaper
After all we already have those

I could not see the serial from the pictures so i asked the seller if he could take a picture of the bottom cuz "sorry i'd like to see if the usb c port is damaged or not " :ph34r: and he did, serial was good

FRKN4O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If we get a new Switch will we be able to use our account and access the eshop?
What about Splatoon 3?
The save is tied to our accounts I assume. So when we boot the game all our gear and stats will be the ‘hacked’ one right?

ovayya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen it looks like people who used ShiverBot on their consoles are also getting subsequently getting hit with indefinite console bans. I had a friend call Nintendo since they got banned and the person they talked to told them that they didn't even see the ban on their account, so it's really confusing trying to get to the bottom of this.

Personally, I can't use Homebrew on my Switch since it's patched, so I had a friend (who already used ShiverBot) give me chunks. I got an account ban, and he did as well, but his ban became a console ban and I am still able to play on my alternate account. From this I'd say it's reasonable to conclude that only the people who used ShiverBot on their own console will be permanently banned across accounts on their console.

For the people fortunate enough to play on an alternate account, using your save data from Splatoon 2 will work just fine. There appears to be no correlation between your data on Splatoon 2 to what you get in Splatoon 3; you just get 3 gold tickets and have access to ranked (series and open) since the beginning. I have hit a peak X-power of 2620, was on the second prestige, and had hundreds of chunks on my Splatoon 2 save, yet 3 gold tickets & ranked access was all I got. If you can, I'm sure just creating a Splatoon 2 save by getting past the initial tutorial would be enough to get you gold tickets & ranked access.
Post automatically merged:

If we get a new Switch will we be able to use our account and access the eshop?
What about Splatoon 3?
The save is tied to our accounts I assume. So when we boot the game all our gear and stats will be the ‘hacked’ one right?
I don't think you're able to transfer a banned account to another Switch, but if you do load it on there by logging in and using cloud saves, I think your account will still be banned. You need to start fresh

Reactions: Stardust3033

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol