ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

BigMane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Maxed out pretty much everything back when the tool came out, played pretty much every few days since then, no ban.

Maybe it'll take a while until they suspend my account but so far nothing, tried 6 hours ago and now aswell with the new update, no ban :unsure:

Shuiro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't gotten a ban yet, been checking throughout the night since the update came out.

The things I did were, added ability chunks and money.
Never maxed out the amount for either.
When I added ability chunks it was never into the triple digits. Added 60 every time.
When I added money I just added or changed a digit. and pulled from the gacha machine once to save it.
Never bothered with food tickets. The game gives you plenty from just playing or spending cash at the gacha.
It helped a bit but never felt like I was getting any kind of advantage. Was fun while it lasted. If you do make a version where it's just the Printer and Gear Seed Finder I'd be all for it.

Bokoblin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Definitely makes me a bit nervous seeing the game save two or three times in a row sometimes, sending value changes for abilities and money to servers. But it would be a lot of effort for N to analyse that data to find save transactions where money increased a significant amount within a few seconds, without specific bannable evidence of like a match replay would provide.
Welp, I was wrong. Also got an account ban after updating game. Seems like just Splatoon 3. I hope it's temporary but in reality probably not. I guess I can create another account and level back up to S+ to keep enjoying the game, just going to have to resist the gacha game temptation that lead me here and say goodbye to my legit snail rolled gear.

Therandomtree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reposting here.

I'm still, somehow, not banned despite my usage. My guess is I'll be picked up on some secondary scan soon and be pushed a ban hammer. By all accounts it looks like I definitely fall into the ban area but didn't get picked up?

Nintendo probably ramped up their telemetry scans during the update to implement automatic ban waves. My hunch is they may have tied coins/chunks to an earned value.

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Welp, I was wrong. Also got an account ban after updating game. Seems like just Splatoon 3. I hope it's temporary but in reality probably not. I guess I can create another account and level back up to S+ to keep enjoying the game, just going to have to resist the gacha game temptation that lead me here and say goodbye to my legit snail rolled gear.
Yes it is for Splatoon 3 only it seems, i tried smash bros and splatoon 2 and they work

I wrote to nintendo support to ask if it's temporary or permanent, will see when they answer, but it is probably permanent

I tried with a second account and it asks me to buy a nso membership to play online, so, in theory it will work
but it sucks you have to get another subscription i thought it was like on playstion.. if one of the users has plastation plus and is registered as the main user then all the other accounts on that console can also take advantage of the subscription of the main user and play online
Post automatically merged:

EDIT:

By searching the error code on google i saw this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-console-got-banned-but-only-from-mm2.574344/
Let's hope it doesn't happen, we'll see tomorrow or in the coming days... ^^"

EDIT 2:

Nintendo just answered me, the ban is permanent but apparently only for Splatoon 3

Last edited by EvilBakura,

Virian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welp I'm banned as well. I edited my money value and rolled a lot on the gacha. Knew the risks, but somehow convinced myself that the chance that it was going to be detected was low enough to be worth the gamble, since it's not like it's effecting anyone elses game, and nobody got banned for save editing in ACNH. Guess I'll have to make an alt and start fresh, if I get console banned for ban evasion then it is what it is.

Bokoblin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried with a second account and it asks me to buy a nso membership to play online
Thanks for the updates, luckily I have a family plan already that I share so I can add a third person to it for NSO.

Nintendo just answered me, the ban is permanent but apparently only for Splatoon 3
Assumed this would be the case. It's the risk we took. I'm glad it's not a console ban and don't need to replace my Switch to keep playing

Maxed out pretty much everything back when the tool came out, played pretty much every few days since then, no ban.
Damn, I'm jealous. Pretty much what I was hoping for but I guess I got greedy.

My hunch is they may have tied coins/chunks to an earned value.
Seems like it. A simple total gold earned vs current gold would be all that's needed as a trigger. Since there's no trading/selling, current balance can't ever legitimately exceed total earned for an account. Maybe you flew under the radar, congrats.

Last edited by Bokoblin,
Reactions: Therandomtree

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Next update will include post printer and gear seed finder only :)

Because ability chunks were easily the harmless thing and people still got banned, nothing is safe to edit anymore. 😳

And for the people who haven’t been banned: stay like that and do not cheat anything else.

Domineu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will future updates have the ability to use an USB connection with USB-Botbase / Sys-USB-Botbase? Mainly since the seed finder is an absolute godsend, but without the ability to use it on an completely offline EmuNand there'll always be a risk of getting banned simply for running CFW with Splatoon.

GoldCobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I feel you. I am in exactly the same boat as you, S+, legit perfect gear (~10), Story Mode 100%, 7 golden fish scales, etc... All gone for literally nothing in the end. It's really hard to have to live with the fact that the account will most likely be banned forever and you have to start completely from scratch again.

Good luck on the grind to get back to where you were with your new account!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, you mean Nintendo could consider the creation of a new account to play, like a "ban evade" and then punish you giving you a full console ban? Hmmm... I guess we can only wait and see what happens 🙄
Nono, not ban evade but that you have "used cheats".
I don't think they're this hard on this ban, since you haven't cheated in multiplayer.

FRKN4O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use created cheats to get Shells, became Eggecutuve VP in Salmon run on day 1 release. Made myself level 240. Made all my ability chunks 999. max the category level. Cheated in splatfest had 9999999999 clout and was a ruler +64. beaten story mode without any gear or trying any levels except the last one lol. there's more but yeah. I went crazy but I just want my save data back :C I'm actually good at the game. I want my clothes back etc. I kept outbuying the shops to have all outfits
Where can I get those cheats?

Can the creator of this tool implement more editing options? Like all badges, rank editing etc. Since we are banned maybe we can make our save files ‘completed’.

Last edited by FRKN4O,

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I get those cheats?

Can the creator of this tool implement more editing options? Like all badges, rank editing etc. Since we are banned maybe we can make our save files ‘completed’.
What would be the purpose? A lot of player data is stored in the servers. This tool edits the RAM values which gets pushed to the servers.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For those that looked forward to the updated gear seed finder & post printer, here is the update :)
https://github.com/supremetakoyaki/ShiverBot/releases/tag/v1.4

1666803681024.png

These two options don't write anything to RAM, so they'll stay alive for now.

NexasXilgahod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got hit with the 2124-5114. I called Nintendo Support and it seems like they are just reading off a script saying that it is a permanent ban. I asked for more info and the representative said that some bans are lifted after a while and just to check again after a few weeks but he wasn't sure 100% sure. So I guess just keep checking.

Lievix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just got hit with the 2124-5114. I called Nintendo Support and it seems like they are just reading off a script saying that it is a permanent ban. I asked for more info and the representative said that some bans are lifted after a while and just to check again after a few weeks but he wasn't sure 100% sure. So I guess just keep checking.
Did you admit to violating the ToS on the phone? I'm thinking about contacting them myself to get some more info, but knowing nintendo I'm worried this might escalate the ban's severity lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.