Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well a couple of days ago i was browsing in the "Post Your Desktop" thread, and i saw wabsta with a beautiful shell replacement. So I've literally spent all day just trying them out and seeing which one suits me most. I came to a decision to use SharpE (as wabsta told me : Google is your friend
smile.gif
) its really great and pretty stable, despite I'm on a beta release :S. SO, do you guys use Shell Replacements or not?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maz7006 said:
Well a couple of days ago i was browsing in the "Post Your Desktop" thread, and i saw wabsta with a beautiful shell replacement. So I've literally spent all day just trying them out and seeing which one suits me most. I came to a decision to use SharpE (as wabsta told me : Google is your friend
smile.gif
) its really great and pretty stable, despite I'm on a beta release :S. SO, do you guys use Shell Replacements or not?
Well, it's not THAT stable.
I've already had like, 10 BSODs since I installed it
tongue.gif

But I just like the shell, so I just learned to live with it
tongue.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wabsta said:
Maz7006 said:
smile.gif
Well, it's not THAT stable.
I've already had like, 10 BSODs since I installed it
tongue.gif

But I just like the shell, so I just learned to live with it
tongue.gif

BSOD?!?!Really :S. How much RAM do you have? Im using TD5 of the SharpE shell pack, its still beta but its working fine. Im using this on Win XP aswell.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have been using SharpE shell for a while. the only problem i have with it is that when i plug in my esata hard drive it will detect it but when i remove it it wont remove from my explorer forcing me to log off before loggin in again. but other than that it is good.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
delta123 said:
i have been using SharpE shell for a while. the only problem i have with it is that when i plug in my esata hard drive it will detect it but when i remove it it wont remove from my explorer forcing me to log off before loggin in again. but other than that it is good.

Maybe if you swing by their forum you may or should find a solution, you could also tell the community to include a fix in their upcoming update. Nice to see someone actually uses SharpE aswell
smile.gif

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
UltraMagnus said:
Taza said:
Used Astonshell and bb4win for a while, but now I just use a customized windows theme.

On linux, wmii, fluxbox, xfce4 or KDE.

I guess someone really dislikes GNOME?

I use them on different systems.

Xfce4 on Ubuntu derivatives on lightweight systems; KDE on Ubuntu derivatives / occasionally used machines on heavyweight systems.

wmii when I need to get work done quick and it's something I need several windows in, fluxbox when it's a Debian interface.

Or long story clearer but still long - I use KDE when I want to get something set up quickly and just don't care, wmii when I want to really work with a system on plenty of power and screen estate, Xfce4 when I use Ubuntu on a lightweight system and fluxbox when I use anything else but Ubuntu on a lightweight system.

KDE's flexible enough, a bit bloated, and really fast to set up. It won't work on lightweight systems however.
wmii is powerful but requires a lot of effort.
Xfce4 comes default with Ubuntu and usually I can't be arsed to change it.
And fluxbox is really lightweight and fast for simple use.

GNOME is utterly bloated, simplified far beyond the point of stupidity and irritating to use, nevermind that I'll have to install half of KDE anyway to get the stuff I want on systems that can run it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1