Hacking Shall be Getting my USB HD Tomorrow, Some Pointers?

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will be getting my, WD My Passport Essential 320GB harddsik tomorrow. And have a few questions:

1. Which USB loader is regarded to be the best
2. What other programs do i need
3. Whats need in getting my DVD's to the HD
4. Anything else i need to know

thanks

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't say what is the best, but....GX Loader is updated very frequently and in my experience, I would rate it the best. In order to format the HDD and install games on it, get WBFS Manager. WBFS Manager will transfer the iso's from your hard drive, take out the crap, and put it on your wii connected HDD.

In order to get the iso files of your hdd, there are various ways of doing it.....just read some of the forums.

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok cool, do i need to install any other software on my wii apart form the usb loader, no ciso files or anything etc?? So its best to copy the games onto my pc and then to the HD, not copy them through the Wii itself?? I take it i need to formate the Wii HD to the WBFS file system?? and do i have to have a n NTSC partition aswell?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS 202? WTF?
tongue.gif

You at least need cIOS 249 rev 14
I use cIOS 222/223 rev 4 without issue
read through that guide (regarding YOUR current firmware) to see what all is required.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's IOS, ISO are the images. And you "need" (recommendation, you can do with one of them) 249 and 222, 202 is just for homebrew. 222 comes bundled with uLoader from Hermes, 249 stand-alone from Waninkoko. 222 can be installed based on IOS38 merge 37, or just IOS38 and another cIOS, 223, based on the merged one.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
it's IOS, ISO are the images. And you "need" (recommendation, you can do with one of them) 249 and 222, 202 is just for homebrew. 222 comes bundled with uLoader from Hermes, 249 stand-alone from Waninkoko. 222 can be installed based on IOS38 merge 37, or just IOS38 and another cIOS, 223, based on the merged one.

if he's a noob, your post probably made him curl up in the fetal position and cry
tongue.gif

xzxero and deviyl's guides stickied in the hacking section are a great place to start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-