Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i basically don't spend on all these cash-in franchise
i don't like pay extra for something that i can easily get with a cheaper price
yet they didn't exhibit their worthiness by proving their food would be better
roti-boy used to generate lots of buzz~!
now just a dead shop

kogawa = girl from loveplus
smile.gif

just now i tried greeting her by smacking her
then she kicked me in return
tongue.gif

OUCH

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
haha, i remember last time there was a coffee bread craze, now le? So little left, not that i care or anything
biggrin.gif

There was roti-boy(i think), then still got what other weird weird names(i think roti-mama or something), now all gone. But mayb it is just me or are there more sweet potato shop popping up?

Domination said:
There are lots of cash-in franchises now... Liek yakun kaya. Sell kaya toast only taste a little nice can open so many shops all over the island.Those bakeries too, some bread can cost much more than original making cost. And literally every single fast food outlet too, though I don't mind mac and subway cos they are damn tasty
tongue.gif

Whos kogawa? Anyone I know? Temper?

ya, that's the one.I keep forgetting that shop name.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Ahhh from Love Plus... Game girl friend is definitely better than cyber-wife.
smileipb2.png

I remember there used to be a papa roti shop in north point foodcourt. Another roti rip-off. Got a quite a long queue, though the indian rice was and is still the hottest selling store in our food court lol. This shows Singaporeans crave for other races' culture!

And now more bubbel tea shop pop up too! Last time used to be more dead, now Yishun and Khatib MRT both have bakeries with bubble tea counters!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man. One time i was at a night market and somebody was selling bubble tea with processed fruit powder. The Bubbles and the Juice tasted like Shit in a bottle.

But real bubble tea in China and in HK are massive amounts of win.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
You know, those things from Taiwan when they come to Singapore and have some novelty value, Singaporeans flock to them.

Bubble Tea, and remember there were others just don't remember specifically.

But something with novelty value I like. Bubble Tea I love it. Blue Coral is tasty! And you know, I prefer the shaved ice or something like that more than ice cream
biggrin.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, in the Aisa popular culture food chain

-> -> ->
Singapore China/Taiwan Korea Japan
-> -> ->

In ascending order. I swear Singapore is always followign other popular cultures. Japan is influential world wide in popular culture for some reason, so many weaboos.... I didn't put in the countries with less chinese cos the other races seem to have more resistance towards these things.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Speaking of Taiwan, I met this girl from Taiwan on omegle (She's 19 btw). Wow, She is just freaking addorable. She is just learning English and...Wants to speak German? :wtf: But overall she's really cute. ^-^

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Vidboy10,
i want omegle!!!!

Overall on how much these cultures impact on our country
Code:
malaysia -> taiwan/hongkong
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ->ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-> japan/korea
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-> europe/us 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ->ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ->ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-> india 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ->ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ->ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ->indonesia
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ (strong impact)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ (impact)ÂÂÂÂÂÂ(less impact)

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
So you don't liek pikachu anymore?
tongue.gif

Whats Omegle? Some chinese version of irc or something?

Speaking of chinese versions, I read somewher that chinese have their own versions of sites because of their strict censoring and blocking. What are they? I know they use QQ and not MSN, B***u(they allow musci donwlaods so I suppose I need to censor it) and not google... What else are there? Vidboy, does HK get the censors they get in mainland?

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I really don't understand all the censoring and blocking. China and Australia, its unreasonable really. No offence vidboy, but if China blocks the chinese from reading up about their tibet and dunno what stuff, they are actually shwoing that they are extremley ashamed. Why do that in the first place? China hasn't really met true democracy... Its just my opinion, no offence.

Singapore may not have much free speech rights, but we get a speaker's corner. And we have internet freedom.

And yeah, I think the westerners have lots of impact here. But the impact is more on our way of life etc. Popular culture, Japan really has more impact. If you can actually count the number of weaboos that worship Japan you'll know.

Edit: And elixir, isn't it your job to protect your cyber-wife from him?
tongue.gif

Edit2: Eh? I remembered I edited the post... why was there a post merge?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Domination said:
I really don't understand all the censoring and blocking. China and Australia, its unreasonable really. No offence vidboy, but if China blocks the chinese from reading up about their tibet and dunno what stuff, they are actually shwoing that they are extremley ashamed. Why do that in the first place? China hasn't really met true democracy... Its just my opinion, no offence.

Singapore may not have much free speech rights, but we get a speaker's corner. And we have internet freedom.

And yeah, I think the westerners have lots of impact here. But the impact is more on our way of life etc. Popular culture, Japan really has more impact. If you can actually count the number of weaboos that worship Japan you'll know.

Posts merged

Edit: And elixir, isn't it your job to protect your cyber-wife from him?
tongue.gif

china = capitalism. given that many others wish to wreck china apart, true democracy will just crush china in a day time !!
to achieve true democracy i think it will take at least another 50-100 years for china to do that...
is not because of their gov't, is the mentality of the chinese)

remember CNN reported/made some fake news about the incident happened last year? would you want your citizens to view/read such idiotic reports?

as for tibet, do you know how dharma treat the tibetians?
go research a little ~!

by knowing the history you should/know why would the chinese officials being protective over things
smile.gif

by the way, not only china does that.. many other countries practices that
smile.gif

we don't have internet freedom
frown.gif

ipikachu hates me
hate2.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, I still believe that in the present era, all information should be available to everyone. For Singapore, for China, for U.S., for every country.

And democracy as well, the people should get to decide their leaders, and get what they want and the governemnt is for running the country. I don't think there is a single country that is really that open minded yet. Sadly even with the internet's boom, there is still no true freedom. Australia has the fucked up firewall and censors,w hy thats stupid.

And Singaproe only just implemented video games ratings last year or sometime around that. Yes it protects children, but I don't see freedom and democracy.

Freedom and democracy is actually evry sensitive cos everybody see things from different viewpoints.

And pikachu hates you? Why? Maybe cos you never protect her from vidboy
tongue.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
how true and that is so true

even our internet law says no censorship .. end up they blocking one of the blogger's blog because of saying bad things about the govt'
now they are prohibiting us from saying bad things about the govt' over blogs

video games rating? LOL
pirates!!!!

freedom and democracy = unifaction

ipikachu never liked me.. she always hated and love flaming me

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Auctuelly, in china they'res not really alot of communism there anymore. And they're Internet is really cheap there. And alot of sites like Youtube and Facebook and omegle arnt blocked there when I go online. And pretty much elixir said is just rumors and such. And yeah they have QQ. And imet 2 people from china on omegle. They're pretty much a free country right now. And they're alterative sites arnt thy bad, like Tudou and QQ are pretty good.

But I think China is a really beautiful place to live in IMO.
Just the polution I really hate.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, we Singapore have a place to voice any anger called the Speaker's Corner. And there, people raged against companies that misguided them to buy Lehman Brother shares. And I think disatisfaction against PAP is allowed there. Though voicing out against PAP out on the street seems to be illegal.

A few leaders of the opposition parties were prosecuted. Including a very famous leader/lawyer who is an indian, forgot his name. He was supposedly a grerat leader. He dided anyway.

I would like to think we have no censorship, but we have something called the Media Development Authority. Heard it blocks some sites (I reckon they block pr0n sites too
tongue.gif
)

And awww, she flames you? ?????????????????Not to mention shes your cyber-wife
tongue.gif

Edit: I believe there is no communism in China. If there is communism, it wouldn''t grow to be such an economic strong power. But I just think a country should allow their people to read most, if not all, information and let them decide themselves. And if they should have new leaders. Then tahts true democracy. Apparently, I do not see many countries like that. And I agree Chian is a nice place, especially since some industries are actually growing very well now.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
is sggirls being blocked ?
if not then they are not doing their job!
hahahahah

Vidboy10,
china is a great place and true that they have their own version of youtube, mediaupload and etc
i think their version of youtube is youku...
as for uploading purpose they use jsharer, namipan, rayfile and etc
internet is cheap but not speedy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Hyrule Warriors legends