Hacking Settings for Wiikey

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I have been playing around with my Wiikey settings using the "Wiikey setup disc" and trying to store my preferred settings (region overide ON, audiofix ON, dvdr speed 3X). Everytime I reset the console and run the setup disc again all my settings are back to default (region overide OFF, audiofix ON, dvdr speed 6X).

Is there any way to save these settings? I'd really like to use a 3X drivespeed mainly...

Thanks!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iirc you insert the setup disc once, make your changes, and follow the instructions to reset your console and save your settings. the next time you insert the setup disc, will reset the options back to default.

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks sekhu... Hmmm how annoying... I use that setup disc to run sdload and boot gamecube homebrew from an sd adapter... Oh well, no biggie, will just have to reset settings after each time I use sd load!

Is there any major advantage to running the drive at 3X? I was told it extends the life of the laser, not sure if this is accurate.

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iirc you insert the setup disc once, make your changes, and follow the instructions to reset your console and save your settings. the next time you insert the setup disc, will reset the options back to default.

Just a small addition, the setup disc doesn't automatically reset your settings, I just doesn't load the old ones. So if you don't save the default settings your old ones should still apply.

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks 123 Kid, this is sort of what I was hoping would happen! I found it hard to believe that simply inserting that disc would reset all the eeprom configuration. So if I understand correctly, you insert the disc and save desired settings, reset, remove disc. If the disc is inserted again it simply displays the default settings in the settings menu but this gives no information about what your eeprom is actually set to?

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks 123 Kid, this is sort of what I was hoping would happen! I found it hard to believe that simply inserting that disc would reset all the eeprom configuration. So if I understand correctly, you insert the disc and save desired settings, reset, remove disc. If the disc is inserted again it simply displays the default settings in the settings menu but this gives no information about what your eeprom is actually set to?
Correct!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol