1. Akdv8907

OP Akdv8907 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So i just got a wii u with the intent to hack it but im a little confused on HDd storage possibilities. I plan on playing most Nintendo console backups including wii, wii u, GameCube etc etc. What's the stypical setups for playing those. I want to make rather easy and painless as far as switching between different games. I know there is methods for using ad card and Hdd combos but is there two separate Hdd or one with a y cable. Just confused on the layout. Would like to get it figured out so I can purchase everything I need

2. internetdweller3

internetdweller3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    For wii, you could use a usb loader like usbloadergx. Or you could use TeconMoon's injector, https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/, which installs wii games to your hdd only if you formatted it on your wii U. (Also, formated hdd's can only be used on that specific console it was formated on. Furthermore, You can't store wii or gamecube iso's on the same wii u formatted hdd).

For Gamecube, you could use Nintendont which can load gamecube games via sd or usb. I think usbloadergx can have nintendont. Nintendont can be used with Wii U Gamepad with the wii u forwarder for it. Again, you could use TeconMoon's injector to inject gamecube iso's onto your wii u menu to load. It is stored on your wii u hdd (Doing any modding to vWii can/will void your warranty!)

For wii u games, you use the Brazilian method, Wup Installer, to install wii u games onto your wii u hhd. An older method is Loadiine GX2 which with Mocha, https://gbatemp.net/threads/playing-loadiine-games-from-hdd-thanks-to-mocha-cfw.460774/, you can use this to play wii u games and have your wii and gamecube games onto the same hhd. Loadiine is very outdated though. Also, loadiine and Wup have 2 different formats.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Setting, storage,