Hacking setting up emunand

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking for a little help with setting up emunand without losing everything. i had followed a tut on here for doing it on the wifes o3ds but it ended in all her stuff no longer working. the only thing that was still there was her nnid. i had copied everything back to the sd card but none of it showed up. i am holding off on doing my n3ds because i dont feel like losing everything. from the few tuts i have found on here and other sites they dont seem to mention anything about keeping data so i figured i would ask.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usually keeping Data means it goes to emunand. If you backup your sd contents before formatting Emunand, and restore them afterwards, then after unlinking all the data will live in your emuNAND which is the only place you'll ever need to go once you set everything up correctly.

Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually keeping Data means it goes to emunand. If you backup your sd contents before formatting Emunand, and restore them afterwards, then after unlinking all the data will live in your emuNAND which is the only place you'll ever need to go once you set everything up correctly.
thats what i did on the wifes and it was still all gone. when i looked in the folder everything is stored in the emunand had its own. after unlinking there was 3 folders. made no sense to me as the emunand still had her nnid so i would think it was a proper copy.

pbanj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess a side question what is the best downgrader to use for the n3ds

never mind found one that worked without issue.

Last edited by pbanj,

pbanj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i decided to say screw it and try it again, i did the same steps as i did when i did the wifes but all my stuff was still there. so i have no clue wtf happened when i did hers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)