Hacking Emulation Homebrew Setting up EmuMMC Question

Nicca93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently gotten my hands on an unpatched Switch, and I've been mostly using it to dump my Pkmn saves for use on PKHeX. My goal was to get the gifts that I had missed, but now that I've gotten those, I'm itching to try different things. My unpatched Switch is still unbanned and I'd like to keep it that way, but when I went to look up how to create an EmuMMC, I've gotten... mixed messages to be frank. Namely that I NEVER used any CFW on my unmodded Switch before creating the EmuMMC.

My question is this: is it safe for me to make an EmuMMC now after having used CFW to dump my save files? The only thing I've done on my SysNAND is as follows:

--- booted into CFW on SysNAND while in Airplane Mode.
--- dumped Pkmn save files with JSKV to SD for editing and restored said save files after editing.

That's it.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe, alot of people just assume that since you ran cfw on sysynand, your gonna get flagged for a ban. Just delete your internet connection first, create emunand/emummc (same thing just different terms) setup some form nintendo server blocking. Then your as safe as you can be

Nicca93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe, alot of people just assume that since you ran cfw on sysynand, your gonna get flagged for a ban. Just delete your internet connection first, create emunand/emummc (same thing just different terms) setup some form nintendo server blocking. Then your as safe as you can be
Thanks for the reply! That clears a lot of things up. ^w^
What would you say is better for blocking the servers? Incognito or 90 DNS?
And after setting up the EmuNAND, can I still boot into stock safely if I wish and access the eShop?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your really worried do both, but 1 is generally sufficient enough. but whatever option you choose, use atmosphere's versions of incognito or 90dns.
for setting up atmosphere's incognito and dns.mitm (atmosphere's 90dns) go to this guide and what youll be lookin for is under step 3

Nicca93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your really worried do both, but 1 is generally sufficient enough. but whatever option you choose, use atmosphere's versions of incognito or 90dns.
for setting up atmosphere's incognito and dns.mitm (atmosphere's 90dns) go to this guide and what youll be lookin for is under step 3
I went to set this up, and it appears that all of the steps in the guide are already part of my SD card set up.
As all this is already setup, I should be able to create an EmuNAND now correct? And with this, I'll be able to boot back into SysNAND anytime I want?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear in your exosphere.ini, blank prod info emummc is set to 1 correct? If so then go ahead create emunand. Just remember when emunand is created, it's a clone of your sysnand but a separate environment. Essentially, what you do in emunand stays in emunand

Nicca93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to set this up, and it appears that all of the steps in the guide are already part of my SD card set up.
As all this is already setup, I should be able to create an EmuNAND now correct? And with this, I'll be able to boot back into SysNAND anytime I want?
It isn't the same as what the guide details, so here's what I found in each doc and ini.

hekate_ipl.ini in bootloader:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

exosphere.ini in atmosphere/config_templates
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=0
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

default.txt in atmoshpere/hosts/
# Nintendo telemetry servers
127.0.0.1 receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net receive-%.er.srv.nintendo.net
Post automatically merged:

Just to be clear in your exosphere.ini, blank prod info emummc is set to 1 correct? If so then go ahead create emunand. Just remember when emunand is created, it's a clone of your sysnand but a separate environment. Essentially, what you do in emunand stays in emunand
I posted all that I found in those three docs and ini above. The blank prod info is set to zero, but I can fix that. Does everything else look ok?
And okay- that helps a lot and takes a lot off my shoulders that I can still play with my sister and friends on my SysNAND after setting this up. ^w^

Last edited by Nicca93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte