Hardware Serious PSVITA hardware problem, help?

Dannckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My fully charged PS Vita started turning off while in standby mode, some time ago. When I turned it on, it asked me to set the time and date again. I noticed, some time later, that whenever I tried to charge it, the PS button would blink orange twice and then stop blinking, and the Vita wouldn't charge. A couple of days later, I couldn't even turn on the Vita anymore, not even with a hard reset. I kept trying and managed to turn it on some times - only for it to turn off right away.

In a desperate struggle, I opened my Vita, disconnected the battery and connected it again - and everything started working again, for my relief. But now everything is happening again and, before opening it once more, I would like to ask if anyone knows anything about this. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the battery, but as far as I know, Sony won't sell only batteries.

(I don't live in the US and can't send my Vita to any tech support, before anyone suggests that.)

Any help would be welcome.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you 100% sure that you're charging it the right way? The early PSVita models could have the plug inserted both ways - symbol up and symbol down. You want to put it in with the PlayStation symbol facing up. If that doesn't help, you might have a defective battery. Rare, but it happens.

Dannckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you 100% sure that you're charging it the right way? The early PSVita models could have the plug inserted both ways - symbol up and symbol down. You want to put it in with the PlayStation symbol facing up. If that doesn't help, you might have a defective battery. Rare, but it happens.

Yes, I'm pretty sure, haha. That would not explain the Vita turning off on it's own or asking the date all the time, anyway. I'm inclined to believe I have a defective battery. Is there no solution to this, aside from sending it to Sony?

Dannckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the ps vita's battery MUST have a some power (5%?) to even POWER ON

try and let to change for a few hours

I had full battery. I managed to turn my Vita on several times and even corrected the problem for some time, as I described on my post, I used it for a while and then I fully charged it again. So it's not that. Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works