Hacking Serious problem with Wii...

raven_g20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello and thnx for all the info and help so far...i have a slight problem though....after i tried to softmod my Wii (took me a long time) i couldnt play backup games...so i decided to use another tutorial which also contained installation for preloader...unfortunately i messed up somewhere along the road and now everytime i start wii i get that preloader screen...and the thing is i cannot softmod anymore now because whenever i try and run the boot.dol thingies i get artifacts and some dump errors...i tried using the nandcleaner through the preloader but when i try to load it i get artifacts in the screen and i cannot fix it...can any1 please help me solve this problem? thank you again and any help is much appreciated.

as i said i cannot run anything from preloader menu...cannot boot to anything because it gives artifacts and freezes...same happens when i run from sd card from system menu...so how can i re-install system menu and IOS?????? what is the way?? please tell the steps if u can because its kinda confusing...thank you for your reply.

As for System Menu i think its 4.0E so thats ios60 right? thnx

PLEASE SOME1 HELP!!!!

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you are obviously installing things that you don't understand. Preloader has nothing to do with loading backups, and if you can't load backups via the backup launcher I can assure you preloader is not the cause.

Second, How exactly are you trying to load backup games? Are you trying to use a backup launcher or are you just trying to load them through the disc channel.

Third, can you explain in detail the steps you took to mod your wii in the first place.

Forth, are you able to do anything from the preloader screen? Can you boot into the system menu or boot into the homebrew channel, or do both these things cause code dumps.

Fifth, since you are obviously in dangerous territory you may want to install bootmii (if you can do a boot 2 install-not an IOS install) and backup your wii's nand so you can at least get back to the state it's in now if something else happens.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to run "backups" you likely just needed to install a cIOS by waninkoko or hermes and thenlaunch from a launcher channel.

But let's see, first if you can install bootmii and take a backup...please do so as we don't need to make things worse and it gives us some room for error.

But you need to elaborate as Servdog said if you want real help. In one breath it seems you are saying that you are stuck at the preloader menu while in another it seems you're saying you can get to the system menu. My complete guess at this would be that you installed the wrong IOS (or deleted a necessary IOS) for your system version and cboot2 **MIGHT** help you. But please, refrain from doing anything else until you can provide a more clear account of what's going on.

And not to lecture you but just so that prospective future modders can read this: This is why it is important to understand what each part of the modding process is going to accomplish. You don't need to understand the underlying code but just realize what each part of the process allows you to do. For example, Bannerbomb/twilight hack allows you to run unsigned code on your wii. Understanding before acting eliminate 99% of problems and will usually prevent you from further exacerbating the situation if something hdoes happen to go wrong.

raven_g20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Servdogg said:
First off, you are obviously installing things that you don't understand. Preloader has nothing to do with loading backups, and if you can't load backups via the backup launcher I can assure you preloader is not the cause.

Second, How exactly are you trying to load backup games? Are you trying to use a backup launcher or are you just trying to load them through the disc channel.

Third, can you explain in detail the steps you took to mod your wii in the first place.

Forth, are you able to do anything from the preloader screen? Can you boot into the system menu or boot into the homebrew channel, or do both these things cause code dumps.

Fifth, since you are obviously in dangerous territory you may want to install bootmii (if you can do a boot 2 install-not an IOS install) and backup your wii's nand so you can at least get back to the state it's in now if something else happens.

Ok thank you all for your replies and info...here are answers:

1,2,3. When i first tried to softmod i followed these steps. I upgraded the system menu to 4.0E. Then i used a tutorial i found which is:

1st Set of Instructions

Then when i installed separately the backup loader it didnt run any game.. It said disc error. So then i left this and used the nandelete program to wipe out everything and start over again. I entered into that program and deleted channels, system data (besides the one you cannot delete) and almost everything. Then i tried using other tutorial which is located here:

2nd Set of Instructions

where in the end it also suggests you install preloader which i did. But it didnt contain the hack.ini file and again when i tried to launch my backup cd again nothing. So i said enough. Tried uninstalling with nandcleaner again only this time i got stuck with the preloader screen.

4. In preloader screen i can do stuff as long as i have a hack.ini file whch i found from the Web. I cannot boot into SD card or use any type of boot file from there. I can boot into system menu. There is no homebrew channel. I deleted it as said above. Even if i try to boot from system menu into SD card again i get code dump and stuff like that.

5. How do i do that since i cannot use preloader or system menu to boot into SD?

Thank you for all your help till now. Looking forward for more answers. Thanks

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well it looks like your in a pickle aren't ya!
I believe you have deleted some needed ios's from your system.
Being that you can access preloader you can install a dol file to the wii's nand and launch it with preloader.
I would first install wadmanager 1.4 and install a cios wad then after that restart the wii into preloader and install cios downgrader
and install 3.2X x= your region code. then do an update with big-n to straighten things out!
after that post back here and people here will walk ya through softmodding ure wii!

-kitt

raven_g20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
kitt050383 said:
well it looks like your in a pickle aren't ya!
I believe you have deleted some needed ios's from your system.
Being that you can access preloader you can install a dol file to the wii's nand and launch it with preloader.
I would first install wadmanager 1.4 and install a cios wad then after that restart the wii into preloader and install cios downgrader
and install 3.2X x= your region code. then do an update with big-n to straighten things out!
after that post back here and people here will walk ya through softmodding ure wii!

-kitt

ok...i guess you didnt read what i said before...when i try to access anything from preloader it stucks gives error or artifacts...whatever that is....when u say wad manager and downgrader do u mean the files located in here:

Wad Manager & Downgrader

because i dont see and boot files in there...thank you.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually you are the one that needs to read.. you said that it artifacts when you load the system menu...
well what i am trying to tell you to do, is use the preloader option of installing the dol file of an wiibrew app to ure nand to try and fix it...

yours said: "now everytime i start wii i get that preloader screen...and the thing is i cannot softmod anymore now because whenever i try and run the boot.dol thingies i get artifacts and some dump errors...i"

Now im not trying to get you to use hbc or bannerbomb to run things but trying to get you to run dol's out of preloader.....

but if it does not work for you or if i misunderstood what you were trying to say being that yes thats super easy to do, especially as it's just a forum and I don't have your wii in front of me to help you....

so before you get cross maybe you should read what you wrote and read what I wrote again....
anyways I hope you can fix your problem and things work out...

-kitt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently