sidocious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi All,
First, I'm not an expert in Wii "softmodding" and in English, so would you be so kind to be patient with me, I promise I try to explain everything if I can. :)
So the story is the following.
One of my friend got a semi-bricked wii (there were preloader installed and boot2 v2, but there weren't system menu or HBC installed, everything what he try to open or do, that gave error message. I do not know why, but he try to repair the wii with BLIND. And the following information is really foggy.
As he said, he installed or updated the IOS 80 and 254 or some other and maybe changed the IOS to other one, it is really not clear, but when he done his work, the wii gave this screen:
IMG_20200626_182050.jpg

I never see like this one in my life... :)
So, I try to use a practic solution what I know, like "power on+reset" for boot into preloader menu, but it failed.
When I try to use home button on wiimote, the wii reboot.
Of course there isn't any NAND backup.

After this long story I have just one question.
Can I help for him or I have to kill him because of it :)

I thinking about to use a modchip for repair, but I'm not sure that will work... (Usually I always prefer modchips.)

Thank you in advance :)

WiiExpertise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does it display this screen on boot or only when navigating to settings? If it's the latter, it's pretty easy to fix. If it's the former, and the Wii is on 4.3, you'll need a modchip and a drive that can read burned DVDs to fix it.

Reactions: sidocious

sidocious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So does it display this screen on boot or only when navigating to settings? If it's the latter, it's pretty easy to fix. If it's the former, and the Wii is on 4.3, you'll need a modchip and a drive that can read burned DVDs to fix it.

As I know it is on 4.3. When I power on the wii, the screen is black for 10-15 sec and after appeared this screen.
That would be great if a modchip can help :) The drive is D2C so what do you think which is the best one for me? I used wiikey2 at last time, when I modded a Wii.

WiiExpertise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I know it is on 4.3. When I power on the wii, the screen is black for 10-15 sec and after appeared this screen.
That would be great if a modchip can help :) The drive is D2C so what do you think which is the best one for me? I used wiikey2 at last time, when I modded a Wii.
I don't know what the best modchip out there is. If you can, I'd try to find a DriveKey, as it doesn't require any soldering.

Reactions: sidocious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la