Semi Bricked Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rcolon85, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

Semi Bricked Wii? by Rcolon85 at 6:55 PM (1,371 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Rcolon85
    OP

Newcomer Rcolon85 Advanced Member

United States
    3.4 originally then used the riskii MOD 1.0 to downgrade to 3.2 and I had preloaded 25. This was like this up until about 2 days ago. Then out of curiosity I decided to upgrade so I used this guy that told me to use the official nintendo update and no need to worry because I could always downgrade if i needed to cause I had trucha cios. Anyways after I did that I lost my ability of playing 1:1's. This was pretty much expected. I tried to reinstall cios corp and all that crazy stuff last night. Now, I think that didn't brick my wii because I turned it on and off a couple of times and everything was fine. Im not too sure but when I woke up this morning when I tried to use the preloader to get system menu hacks, the latest I found on gbatemp. I put my SD card in my wii for my 3rd attempt, I couldn't get into my system menu - so could altering the hacks ini, like for instance using the wrong one from a 3.2 on a 4.1 and vice versa have caused this to happen? That might not have anything to do with how my wii got bricked because as I said I was doing some crazy shit on my wii last night trying to reinstall the riskii mod pack after I had upgraded to 4.1 then downgraded back to 3.2. I tried to explain this to the best of my knowledge. I APPRECIATE ANYBODYS HELP! Theres more info below. Thanks!

0k, i most likely semi bricked my wii and have bootmi on boot 2 and preloader .29 also....
    the problems are

1.my wii remotes wont sync
    2.after i try to load the system menu from bootmi it loads straight into pre loader and i still cant sync my remotes so i'm stuck between preloader and bootmi AND i made a backup of my nand and `i skipped the verify cause i was rushing and now im stuck....so my question to you is. Is their anyway you can guide to fix this... Thanks any help would be great .
    3. I do have the homebrew channel, I have access to it but my wii remotes won't sync

Cheers,
    Ruben

P.S. I have no gc controller

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yor best bet is to get a cheap gc controller at most $10 and reinstall ur system menu wad trhough wad manager. There is a mod of wadmanager 1.5 now that supports gc controller just for cases like this. U can get a system menu wad from nus downloader. If u install a system
    menu 4.0 or above u must install a patched ios60 first or u will have a full brick.

3. Rcolon85
    OP

United States
    I'm going to take a trip to gamestop now....lol thx

trying to find system menu 3.2 no luck so far

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Also when you fix things again make another NAND backup because by skipping the verification on that one you made it worthless.

5. beamquaker

Member beamquaker Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    good luck man i hate seeing people brick there wiis

6. azeazezar

Newcomer azeazezar Member

Belgium
    Well, if he finds and installs a system menu 3.2 WAD he will have a full brick. He updated using official nintendo, thus has the stub ios Only bootmii could save him then.
    Make and verify another bootmii backup before you do anything, couse bricking is a real danger here.
    After that, install the official 4.0 / 4.1 WAD for your region(nus downloader).
    use DOP-ios to replace all stubbed ios.
    And then you could downgrade again

7. Rcolon85
    OP

United States

do you think i Would i be able to use AnyRegionChanger to do a reinstall system menu 3.2

Also i didnt get a chance to get that gc controller but when i do im going to see if i can get past the preloader screen into the sysmenu with the Gcpad i believe that preloader has gc support?is this true?

8. azeazezar

Newcomer azeazezar Member

Belgium
    Wat I think you should do:
    1) Get a GC controller
    2) Make a nand backup

If you want 3.2:
    3) Replace the stub ios 30, dont use ios30 v2816, this is the stub. (using wads and wadmanager)
    4) Install System menu 3.2 (using wad and wadmanager)

If you want 4.1:
    3) Install ios 60 (using wad and wadmanager)
    4) Install System menu 4.1 (using wad and wadmanager)

5) Synch Wiimotes
    6) Make another nand backup
    7) (optional) Install preloader

All wads mentioned in this post can be downloaded with NUS downloader.

9. carlcapo

Newcomer carlcapo Newbie

United States
    azeazezar, I am having a similar issue, I believe I need to re-install the wii system menu, which ISO slot should I install ios60 on using wad manager? then do I install the system menu on iso30? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks