Semi-Bricked Wii, Can't Access System Settings

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AlexMason, Jun 24, 2011.

Jun 24, 2011
  1. AlexMason
    OP

Newcomer AlexMason Member

United States
    I have access to bootmii priiloader and HBC but it crashes when I try to load system settings, I believe its 4.1U or 4.2U.

I would like to update it to 4.3U and fix the problem... can I get a miniguide should I use xflaks tool and just update please help folks thanks!

Any type of guide or reference would help... I modded my wii A LONG TIME AGO!

EDIT:
    NO NAND BACKUP!

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Use the ModMii Wizard to reinstall 4.1 and all of your IOS files. Just tell ModMii that you're using really old firmware and it will reinstall all of your IOS files. Also, if you have access to bootmii as boot2, you should make a NAND backup even though it's messed up, just in case. After everything is fixed, you should make another backup of your NAND in working condition.

Also, there is no reason to upgrade to 4.3. Version 4.1 is the latest version that offers anything new; 4.2 and 4.3 are just for anti-homebrew. All that really matters is you have the latest IOS files installed.

3. AlexMason
    OP

Newcomer AlexMason Member

United States
    Yes bootmii is as boot2.

Well I think it starts up everytime I start my wii as long as my msd card is in.

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Good. As long as it is installed as boot2, you're in good condition. Make a NAND backup in case you accidentally do something stupid along the way, even though your Wii still needs fixing. After you have made the NAND backup, use the ModMii Wizard to install System Menu 4.1 for your region and the latest versions of all of the necessary IOS files (it will do this automatically). Again, just tell ModMii you are using a very low firmware; it will then recommend that you install 4.1. Follow the steps and you should be able to get your Wii back into working condition and be able to make a proper NAND backup in case you need it later.