Hacking Semi-brick?

matt32724

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my PSP's custom firmware just stopped working. I was running on 6.20 PRO-B5. My PSP crashed and when I turned it back on in System Settings it said it was running 6.20 official firmware. I tried reinstalling custom firmware but when I loaded the updater it just restarted my PSP. I tried using the recovery menu but that didn't work either. It would only stay open while I held R, so it wouldn't let me select anything.

So I tried updating to 6.35. After updating to 6.35 OFW I ran the custom firmware updater for 6.35 PRO-B5 and installed it. After it was installed, however, it would not start custom firmware.

I'm thinking that maybe I've semi-bricked my PSP, any help?

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a 6.00 or whatever version.txt lower than 6.20... Enable that then downgrade to 6.20....

If that doesn't work then you need to run the 6.35 hen then UNINSTALL it. I have also had troubles with the earlier versions of this hen and uninstall and reinstall fixes this. The reason behind this is because it adds some things to the FLASH0 area of your PSP.. Always try a quick recovery though seeing as your using the 6.35. If that doesn't work then use my previously mentioned method.

If it doesn't work then reply back.... Add info of your psp though like model no. and motherboard...... PSPident will do wonders believe it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.